Toxic GOP Senator Tuberville says he doesn't know about QAnon Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene because bad weather has kept him from reading the news

Originally published at: Toxic GOP Senator Tuberville says he doesn't know about QAnon Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene because bad weather has kept him from reading the news | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I guess he didn’t get the telegram either

29 Likes

Of all the obviously fake excuses a Republican has given for not having heard an oft-repeated, well-known ludicrous comment from a fellow Republican so as not to upset the frothy-mouthed base … this might take the cake.

He might as well have said, “Sorry, I didn’t hear about her. I was wearing a towel.”

42 Likes

Given his understanding of the federal government, what do you suppose he thinks “news” is?

23 Likes

Good news is he’s fully briefed and I am sure any minute now he’s gonna say something spicy

9 Likes

Sorry, didn’t receive the mail today. Pony died.

28 Likes

Bet if I give him a map, he can spot Dumbfuckastan in a second.

19 Likes

Boy, I hate when that happens.

11 Likes

‘Bad weather’ can stop the internet?

Who knew?

25 Likes

Maybe with a mirror .

27 Likes

In a party of dumb assholes, he’s trying damned hard for the title of dumbest asshole. I mean, you gotta give it to him, he’s making a real effort…

21 Likes

In my experience, news is what is written on the sidewalk in bits of glitter. If it were snowing, I wouldn’t be able to see it either.

5 Likes

Oh, I guarantee he doesn’t internet. Doesn’t have room for the pipes.

8 Likes

If the messengers aren’t dressed for it.

12 Likes

I wish this was actually a sign of Rs turning their backs on each other Mariah-gif style. But it only ever seems to be them dodging and avoiding being quoted one way or the other until the newscycle moves on, and/or the polls come in and it turns out The Base loved the OP reprehensible act anyway…

12 Likes

11 Likes

It came by messenger who took a dirigible from Georgia.

12 Likes

Journalist: No problem sir, I can just read the direct quotes or play you the video clips right n—
Tuberville: WHOOSH WHOOSH SORRY CAN’T HEAR YOU THROUGH ALL THIS WEATHER SORRY NO COMMENT BYE.

30 Likes

Well here in Massachusetts we just got 14" of snow yesterday and it did not stop us from reading the news.

12 Likes

Considering his background? ESPN and the sports section of the newspaper.

As a former Alabamian, I can tell you they value two things above all: god and football, and not necessarily in that order.

14 Likes