Toxic Qanon congressperson Marjorie Taylor Greene thinks Guam gets shouldn't receive U.S. foreign aid

Oh, as I said, for her the ignorance is definitely real, but establishment Republicans like Cruz and Rubio, etc. are having to regularly feign ignorance about subjects they previously have shown they know something about. And although her ignorance is honest, she also has no desire to either remedy her ignorance, nor deal with the issues she claims upset her so much, so ultimately her ignorance is wrapped up in her dishonesty as well.

7 Likes

Maybe she was confusing Guam with the Marshall Islands.

I’m fairly certain she has no idea that Guam is a US territory.

10 Likes

Oh, I’m sure she does… now.

5 Likes

And she’s so dumb, she can’t even be a rapacious “kick their ass, take their gas” Republican. She doesn’t know Guam has 3 US military bases? Has 12,000 active duty troops stationed there? Is an indispensable foothold in the Pacific (the US having already lost major assets in the Philippines)?

3 Likes

Trump made pretty damn sure that Puerto Rico wasn’t getting no aid, no sir, no how.

5 Likes

And it’s one the more well known ones *facepalm. No one tell her about the Northern Mariana Islands or American Samoa not that it would matter. Her head is so full nonsense I doubt facts can penetrate the Q Anon BS.

2 Likes

Before COVID I frequented French beaches, and having over-40 women sunbath topless or naked was common and I had any problem about it, indeed.

On the other hand meet a woman on a beach and finding that she’s actually a Karen is embarassing…

1 Like

You mock, but I saw a video on YouTube that the feds were pumping into our oxygen the same stuff that turns frogs gay!

That’s why when I leave my home I wear a gas mask fed CO2 from a portable tank!

OPEN YOUR EYES, PEOPLE!
#GayFrogPatriots

4 Likes

I mean…that’s the joke.

But of course if fucked it up. Because i should have said American Samoa, which is an American territory but people born their are not citizens (unlike PR or USVI). Where the Marshall Islands, which is independent nation, but a defacto american overseas territory.

This is easily explained. She mistook Guam for Greenland, which will soon be in the US but shouldn’t get aid til that goes through.

Guam, Northern Marianas and America Samoa have together about half the population of Wyoming. As someone who does not hold with colonialism, and feels the whole no taxation without representation thing to be quite a reasonable principle, I still think even merged that there aren’t enough people to justify making them the 53rd state. Are there another more populous non-places that could be added into this state, which I dub Pacifica? If not then add them all onto Hawaii and give it an extra Congresscritter.

Even if we don’t make those territories into states we at least owe their residents the right to vote in Presidential elections. Just one more way the Electoral College screws over American citizens based on what part of the country they live in.

9 Likes

Not necessarily a bad idea but it would be an interesting challenge for a governor and state senators to keep tabs on their local constituents in a state that spanned 4000 miles and straddled the international date line.

7 Likes

“Get it done yesterday” would take on a new meaning!

3 Likes

Frequent flyer miles would be outstanding.

Oh wait, government. My bad.

More often than not, rich folks are far flakier than the poor. When you’re rich you can get away with such nonsense more often as it doesn’t hurt your social standing or life expectancy but if you’re poor well… you’re -bleep-'d!

6 Likes

They’re eccentric! /s

Right?

6 Likes

9 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: in my experience, that is so typical :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I get to work with all the US islands for work, and the Pacific Islanders are so hospitable! Whenever I know I’m going to see them at a conference I have to remember to bring some maple syrup or some other local gift because I just know they are going to have brought breadfruit chips or some other awesome goodie. Awww, this is the first time in a year that I’ve missed in-person conferences…
Damn you, @dommerdoodle !!!

7 Likes