Toymaker to produce line of plastic army women

12 Likes

20 Likes

Maybe you missed the video where the 6 year old girl in 2019 plays with them with her brother? These things still sell VERY well.

1 Like

If I had ever dreamed one could ask $600 apiece, I probably would have gone through with it.

2 Likes

Any excuse to re-post this:

6 Likes

You’re … not wrong.

But, I don’t think these will be used for historical wargaming by enthusiasts (or if they are, the provenance Will Be Known, and either go unremarked/understood for what it is or otherwise accepted for what it is regardless). As in many other things, representation matters, and the fact is, the modern military has women in it.

Kids may not appreciate that these toys emerged from a specific era, but they are the audience, and will bring their own ideas and imaginations into play.

Jingoism is a reasonable concern, but the responsibility is still in adult hands.

Just like toy cars and airplanes: the act of playing with those toys doesn’t meaningfully influence the current extinction and climate crisis—they’re just toys.

Sorry for the downer. I think these are nice toys, and the sentiment is worthy of a little recognition.

4 Likes

Talking about the underlying misogyny and the overwhelming toxic patriarchal attitudes which leads to half-measures such as this one is somehow “off-topic?”

Mkay, then.

9 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the right thread anymore but anyone who thought that women just stood there and screamed when their post was overrun during a war are out of there minds. Women fought in every single war the United States participated in since they were allowed to officially join the military.

I’d definitely buy a bag of these.

4 Likes

Word.

4 Likes

Carrie Underwood songs would sure as hell get more entertaining.

5 Likes

a few inquiries this year from a woman who served in the Navy and a young girl

Served in a young girl? What does that even mean?

Gotcha covered

3 Likes

Do not forget this badass lady who drove the coolest GI Joe vehicle ever.

6 Likes

Great! Company…

Cover Girl is in there; the artist just decided to render her as blonde for some reason…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Sheesh. I really need to get some glasses.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.