Trailer for Rian Johnson's new Benoit Blanc detective film looks great

I’ll have to watch that one again. I remember liking it, but have only seen it once.

2 Likes

I guess they had to subtitle it “A Knives Out Mystery” because hardly any mercans can pronounce Benoit Blanc. We have a local little league diamond here called Benoit Field and everybody insists on calling it Benoyt to rhyme with AJ Foyt. Drives me nuts,

And FWIW, I enjoyed the Southern accent coming out of Craig. I’m no expert in such things so the nuances that he apparently misses are lost on me.

3 Likes

Also because a lot more people remember the title of the first movie than the name of Craig’s character.

2 Likes

My headcanon is that Marta was born in the US. :slight_smile:

IIRC Marta was born in the U.S. but her mother entered the country illegally… a fact that the rich white family members expoited as a not-so-subtle threat against her the moment they had reason to suspect her allegiances.

2 Likes

You may also enjoy Craig as Joe Bang in the film Logan Lucky.

3 Likes

He’s basically a stand in for Hercule Poirot whose screen representations revel in ever more stupid accents and moustaches. I guess it’s not a very funny joke, but it is a joke.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.