Trailer for the animated Addams Family

The act of sabotaging Uncle Fester’s bath is not what I’m reacting to. It’s the line. It’s putting a hat on a hat, and a particularly lame hat at that. Chas must be rolling in the grave.

CGI, yet again.

I really wish LAIKA had done this; their brilliant stop-motion is second to none, and they have a knack for injecting moments of genuine creepiness into their work (e.g. Coraline).

7 Likes

Okeydoke. Seemed like a punchline to me. But hey, comedy.

On the plus side: I really like Wedneday’s noose-pigtails.

Interestingly, this was originally a stop-motion Tim Burton movie, which on the surface seems like a perfect match. Agreed that Laika is pretty much tops in the stop motion game. I would have loved to have seen this as really stylized 2D rather than rather puffy-looking 3D, myself.

3 Likes

Now you got me thinking of that, and stylized to resemble eerie, 1930s animation:

3 Likes

I recall an interesting throwaway article in Esquire magazine where tv shows (and other things) were compared and critically assigned “nerve” or “gall”. Here’s the only one I remember:

The Addams Family: Nerve
The Munsters: Gall

4 Likes

It depends on how well he internalizes John Astin. Astin as Gomez was the most perfect example of TV casting ever.

4 Likes

Yeah. I have no beef with it being animated, or the style of the animation, but most of the voicing sounded so ordinary. The Addams Family should not sound ordinary.

One of the reasons Ricci was so excellent as Friday in the films was her deadpan delivery.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.