Trailer: The Art of Self-Defense looks terrible in the best possible way

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/11/trailer-the-art-of-self-defen.html

3 Likes

Curiously i’ve never seen the trailer for this, just the poster and i immediately got what this movie was about based solely on the casting choice and my background growing up in a karate family (my dad teaches).

Like you i’m not sure i’d see this in theaters but i am curious to see this later on when its streaming. I’ll check out the trailer today when i’m free :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would suggest watching Cobra Kai…covers the same territory, all within the familiar confines of the Karate Kid universe.

Jessie Eisenberg annoys me. I just want to slap the shit out of him every time I see him. I liked him just fine in Now You See Me…but something after that flick made me turn on him. I don’t really know what. What was it…OH YEAH…

1 Like

Fine, I’ll give Jesse Eisenberg one last chance. Okay.

2 Likes

Another good dark comedy in a similar vein…

5 Likes

I’m defending myself right now.

5 Likes

I thought we were done with Jesse Eisenberg.

1 Like

I like him, if i did have to criticize him is that he relies too much on his natural demeanor and mannerisms so his various performances across movies tend to be too similar. That said i personally think he is a great actor, its just a shame that he ends up in roles where he’s essentially just playing himself or versions of himself. He’s far from the only actor to do this though.

5 Likes

That was a great movie… both Melanie Lynskey and Elijah Wood were great.

2 Likes

Yeah, we could cut-and-paste this comment for so many actors. :unamused:

1 Like

100% i think people like to hate on Jesse Eisenberg for whatever reason, maybe deservedly so but i’ve never specifically had a problem with his acting. Some of the movies he was involved with i didn’t quite care for but that’s a different conversation.

1 Like

Imogen Poots! Worth it just to see her.

Well, that’s a little different to the dojo I go to.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.