Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Happy So Excited GIF

13 Likes

Happy Cartoon Network GIF

8 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes

I do not belong to the AMA due to their history of right-wing political stands, so this comes as a surprise to me. Of course, those same arguments were used to oppose Medicaid/Medicare, so I guess in a way it’s par for the course. Will watch with interest how this pans out.

13 Likes
11 Likes

Among other things this underscores the point that’s frequently been made here that there are no “red” or “blue” states.

8 Likes

I have to suspect the legislature will take steps to try to strip the ability of the city to carry through on this. Sets up an interesting court fight. There will be many. I look for court rulings citing the Fugitive Slave Act as precedent to be coming down the pike.

8 Likes
11 Likes

Thank you for linking it in the right thread.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Nice op-ed by an actual Christian in Montana, pointing out that White Christian Nationalism is the foundation in how Rep. Zooey Zephyr in particular and LGBTQI+ in general are being scapegoated in that state. He also draws attention to the dichotomy between the ‘super majority’ of Republican representatives downplaying the dangers of January 6th while clutching their pearls about non-violent resistance to their hate-mongering. He makes a cogent analogy:

During the Palm Sunday nonviolent march into Jerusalem, Jesus was criticized for the decorum of his followers. He responded, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”

7 Likes

9 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes

Good for her!

punk rock GIF by Comedy Central Stand-Up

10 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes
9 Likes