Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Bernie Wagenblast, a veteran transportation broadcaster whose voice millions of people hear every day on the New York City subway, has come out as transgender.

8 Likes

Raymond Reddington is dead. Not your usual depiction of a trans person- thanks Red!

6 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

sad workaholics GIF

Our elections are in Nov. WE FUCKING NEED TO VOTE THE FUCKING FASCISTS OUT OF FUCKING OFFICE. Every office, every one. If that sounds like “vote blue no matter who,” it’s because it fucking is.

8 Likes
5 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Parents who filed a lawsuit through the Parents Defending Education organization objected to these provisions, arguing that students had the right to intentionally and repeatedly misgender their transgender classmates and peers, citing their “sincerely held religious beliefs.”

Evil is evil. Fascists are evil. This is evil. There are days when the degree of assholery being promulgated as “sincere religious belief” is fucking out of control.

If Jesus saves, well, He’d better save Himself
From the gory glory seekers who use His name in death

10 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/california-investigates-school-districts-parental-notification-policy-childrens-102034923

“Students should never fear going to school for simply being who they are,” Bonta said in a statement, adding that the “forced outing policy threatens the safety and well-being of LGBTQ+ students vulnerable to harassment and potential abuse from peers and family members unaccepting of their gender identity.”
He added: "California will not stand for violations of our students’ civil rights.”

Unlike some other places I could think of.

8 Likes

I cannot believe (well, maybe I can, but still) that Vanderbilt went along with this without a fight. Fuck them sideways!
But props to the Biden admin for going after them.

11 Likes

It feels nice to be able to post in this topic again

6 Likes
7 Likes

I suppose more support from the medical science community won’t necessarily make things better, but it’s still something:

10 Likes

Any trans person will tell you that it takes YEARS of thinking and agonizing about your identity before coming out, but others don’t see that - in fact, you’ve probably been hiding that part of you as much as possible. I knew ROGD was bullshit before I even learned it was supported as a hypothesis by asking the freaking PARENTS of trans kids on blatantly transphobic websites about their kids’ experience with a leading questionnaire.

Of course it looks rapid to people who weren’t shown that side of their kids’ lives prior to figuring it out. And given where they were recruited for the study, they were absolutely right to keep it hidden from their terrible, terrible parents.

9 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I luckily have supportive parents, but my transition seemingly came out of nowhere from their perspective. From mine, dysphoria was something I struggled with as soon as puberty started though I didn’t understand what was causing me pain until I was around 15. I hid so much of myself from them and everyone else.

6 Likes

I approve of databases on a-holes!

6 Likes
11 Likes