Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

This piece of shit “theory” has been debunked over and over and over, yet just like so much vaccine disinformation, it refuses to die. It was a piss-poor study design, clearly meant to generate the desired outcome. How else defend a study on trans kids that specifically excluded any trans kids from the discussion? Recruiting participants from anti-trans parent groups online? Yeah, that’s a good way to get a representative sample. This is bullshit, always has been and the woman who did the study ruined her reputation, to the point where her only future is on right-wing talk shows.

Angry Go Away GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

9 Likes

It looks like she’s no longer at Brown & is doing transphobia full time.

She also had zero experience treating trans people when she put that “study” together. And likely still has zero.

12 Likes

No doubt they’ll try to pivot attention to some new “moral crisis” before voting day.

10 Likes
5 Likes

While it’s good news that the study supports every other study- is this type of random control study ethical in these circumstances?

Update:

Correction: Updated Link To Study Showing Benefits Of Trans Medical Care

ERIN REED
SEP 7 40x40

Hey folks! I realize that in the previous email, there was a link to a groundbreaking study showing benefits of trans care. The link was broken and went to an older study. The correct link to the study can be found live on the site, and you can click here to access the study.

12 Likes

Will cross-post this to the religion thread…

8 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

A new poll of likely Democratic voters shows Delaware state Sen. Sarah McBride (D) has earned nearly double the support of runner-up Eugene Young, with 44 percent support compared to his 23 percent.

3 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

Love This Episode 7 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

11 Likes

I love it too and happy that I’ve finally reached the point where it effectively describes how I view my own transness.

12 Likes

That’s a good place to be :hugs:

12 Likes

Happy My Heart GIF

15 Likes

I’m not trans, but I have gotten to be in online spaces with a lot of trans people, and it’s easy to see a special kind of joy that cis people rarely get to experience. It’s like when we get to do something we’ve always dreamed about, but it shows up in completely ordinary things. The other place I see that is in children, but there it’s because the world is new to them, not because they know themselves.

I hope it’s not inappropriate to say – I apologize if it is – but it’s beautiful and makes me happy that I get to have even a second hand glimpse at it.

12 Likes

I have to agree… it’s lovely to see people feeling joyful about being themselves…

13 Likes

It’s a wonderful thing that you see it, and for you to say it so clearly. You never know who needs to hear that, or how much they might need to hear it.

For some people, that online affirmation of themselves might be the only one they get for days at a time. Every positive word counts, so never apologise for being a friend and ally :hugs:

12 Likes

11-doctor-happy-crying

11 Likes