Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

9 Likes

I feel this way too. I hesitate to tell trans people they’re beautiful because I don’t want to seem like a “chaser”–that’s not my intent at all. I want to affirm the humanity and individuality of trans people as people.

And, really, what I want to say is that, from my cis perspective, being trans is beautiful. The strength and courage it takes to know yourself and to be who you are is something we should love. The challenges trans people would face even in an ideal world that treated them with the love and respect they all deserve, and still manage to overcome even now, are so daunting.

If I could convey all that properly I’d never hesitate–I’d encourage others to join me in piling on with the affirmations.

6 Likes

Moving to Montana soon,
Gonna be a dental floss tycoon

7 Likes

‘We are preserving a narrative:’ Two-Spirit archive shares queer Indigenous history

Over decades of Two-Spirit activism and HIV education, Albert McLeod has made indelible lasting impacts on queer Indigenous communities—and gathered a lot of posters, photographs, Pride T-shirts, conference proceedings and even an autographed book from iconic Two-Spirit writer Tomson Highway along the way.

“Along that journey of the last 40 years, I collected a lot of materials related to Two-Spirit liberation,” McLeod says. “I had kept them for quite a while, and I was curious about where they would end up if I passed away. And I thought they were unique enough that 
 they should be accessible.”

So in 2011, McLeod took the collection to the University of Winnipeg, to see about building a home for these materials so they could be shared with others now and in the future.

Today, University of Winnipeg archivist and digital curator Brett Lougheed is responsible for stewarding the Two-Spirit Archives.

Since McLeod’s initial donation, the archives have expanded by leaps and bounds, as more Two-Spirit people have brought even more records, banners, videos and even a full set of ceremonial regalia to be housed at the university. The university believes this is the largest collection of material on Two-Spirit people in Canada—and the work is only getting started.

“We are always looking for more,” says Lougheed. “We value the records of Two-Spirit people here, and we want to provide a safe place for those records.”

6 Likes
7 Likes

FTA:

9 Likes
6 Likes

Got fired by his agency. When he called David Tennant a “groomer” he didn’t realise they were both handled by the same agent (Independent Talent).

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

#GrahamLinehan #DavidTennant

eta:

10 Likes

9 Likes
10 Likes

Glinner doesn’t know shit

6 Likes

See the whole set here

If I ever get to Paris

[ETA] One person talking about his transition journey and how in his case, fitness helped him, and how that was part of his unique journey:

10 Likes
4 Likes
10 Likes

I always laugh when I see TERFs idolising Mary Wollstonecroft, when she thought that the Chevalier d’Eon was a feminine ideal.

7 Likes

That’s hilarious
 it’s almost like they seek to twist everything to their own twisted, bigoted worldview and endlessly fail
 :thinking: What a bunch of assholes.

8 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Happy College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

7 Likes

Gender-affirming care for transgender individuals protected under new Philadelphia order

https://archive.ph/LSDCt

7 Likes