Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

21 Likes

There IS a way to provide healthcare to young trans people.

13 Likes

Notwithstanding the Italian government currently being on the far right end of the political landscape, the Constitutional Court has delivered a encouraging judgement.
The CC is composed by15 judges, elected in equal parts by the president of the Italian Republic, the parliament and part of the judiciary, so it keeps on average a good independence from the government.

Until now, to get gender reassigning surgery a court authorization was needed.
Now, this extra step has been deemed unconstitutional if the person is already following a hormonal therapy prescribed by a doctor.
The case was brought up by a transgender person on HRT who wanted their ID updated with “other” gender and undergo a mastectomy.

You can read the Google translation of the article on the Italian online paper “il Post”

EtA: Sadly, on the ID update, the CC recognised the need of having a more person focused system should be brought into the law, but using anything else than male and female at the moment is going to require too many adaptation that need to be normed.

11 Likes
13 Likes

Michigan is now the 20th state to prohibit this type of defense, according to Movement Advancement Project, an LGBTQ think tank. Last year, Rep. Chris Pappas, D-N.H., and Sen. Edward Markey, D-Mass., reintroduced the LGBTQ+ Panic Defense Prohibition Act, which would ban such defenses in federal court.

Progress. 30 states to go, plus the federal courts.

11 Likes
9 Likes

I’m watching with no titles and subtitles, but I don’t think Liza N Eliaz was mentioned.

Don’t forget the transgender pioneers who are no longer here.

5 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

11 Likes

12 Likes
6 Likes

Those christianists are scary AF! “Cover our children in the blood of Jesus Christ” ???!!! No fucking thank you, you gross weirdo!

Don’t ya just love that these sickening weirdos came from Other States to do this to Colorado…

Crossposted to Today in Transphobia

9 Likes

Despite falling short of the required signatures to make the 2024 ballot, we consider this ballot initiative effort a major success,”

Aw, they awarded themselves a participation trophy!

14 Likes

from

Trans women are women… pass it on!

16 Likes

15 Likes

:transgender_flag:

15 Likes

(I hope I’m doing this right.)

14 Likes

I’d like to propose an addendum:

Trans women are women.
Trans men are men.

16 Likes

Trans women are women. Trans men are men!

PASS IT ON!!!

15 Likes