Transparency - changes to the BBS

Sleep tight, everybody. Im not entirely pleased by all of this but BB is still the best game in town. Best authors, best staff, best community.

It’s touching to see how much good this bunch of weirdos did for one another and I hope there will be a way to keep that spirit alive.

15 Likes

Yes. Or I wouldn’t ask.

And the limit, currently, is 1000, so apparently it was raised in the past.

8 Likes

Exactly. Removing caps promoted engagement. @TobinL has spent a lot of time reading and liking posts that make good points; to subject him to be tied for #1 with a brand new 4chan alt would be the utmost insult.

6 Likes

That’s the number which was set sarcastically before, when the Like Strike was deemed “stupid.”

8 Likes

Yeah, I just checked. It was 1000 for TL2, 2000 for TL3.

I’d like to see the person regularly hitting either of those limits. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Were you around for the Like Strike?

TL;DR effectively unlimited is better than arguing about it.

14 Likes

I very well might. I’ve been regularly hitting 1k per night.

5 Likes

I’m not convinced of the good faith of the bosses ATM.
Whatever you say won’t stop the bosses from doing whatever they want to do, no matter what we think or what you ask.

I’m certain you’re asking in good faith. It’s others I don’t trust.

15 Likes

Can’t. banned him.

19 Likes

It’s weird that shutting down the lounge happened with zero discussion and virtually no warning … but like caps is a topic for discussion.

26 Likes

I’m afraid I’ll wake up and this will all have taken place in the mind of a child holding a snow globe.

28 Likes

I think it got upped from the like strike to be practical enough so I dunno yet. For TL3 it was pretty much unlimited for all practical purposes. While it amused me to get the out of love badge I do feel that the comment traffic here is enough that the defaults were definitely too low and it was frustrating to go I can’t give a like to this good post.
I will cop to handing them out like a drunken sailor in some threads cause I could so I know I can’t do that anymore.

8 Likes

I can’t “like” this post enough. Sigh.

What a fucking cluster.

23 Likes

Okay that is probably practical enough for most of us. I think most of us here can deal with that.

4 Likes

In other news, browser crashed at 1200 posts… Last saved at 1000. Sorry to anyone expecting to see more than ten days back in time.

6 Likes

I thought he asked to be banned (I mean that literally like he said “Please ban me, I’m done here.”).

1 Like

Here you go:

2 Likes

Honestly I have no idea.

2 Likes

In 10 years, you can.

21 Likes

I am sad. The world feels like it’s getting smaller and meaner. The bbs regular community was a respite against that.

26 Likes