Transphobic US Senate candidate kicked out of school board meeting

It’s a red flag that signals no quarter, but they are probably scared that if they fly that then their neighbours will think that they are state communists. Instead they mistakenly signal that they are anarcho-communists.

ETA:
A black flag signals that quarter will be given if you promptly surrender. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that Trumpists would commit war crimes.

18 Likes

Perry Ferrel thought that (he and) they were great pets…

16 Likes

Transphobia, racism, et al; it’s their golden ticket to position, power, and fame. Intelligence, applicable education, and experience are no longer required. You could be the biggest village idiot amongst village idiots and, with just the right talking points, still end up in the highest levels of government. You’d think that something would eventually have to give… but in what way?

11 Likes

A guaranteed market segment of stupid people is drool worthy for grifters and fascists alike.

12 Likes

And then there’s overlap between that and transphobia, too (not just that they meet in fascism, but the argument has been convincingly made that the feeling of entitlement of women’s bodies extends to trans bodies of all genders, too). It’s weird to see transphobic groups try to sell their position as “feminist” or more vaguely “pro-woman” (or their opponents as “anti-woman”) while insisting we ignore their fellow travelers and the misogynist right-wing groups that organize and fund their very organizations…

10 Likes

Yep. Joseph Conrad (pretty much suspicious of all political parties as he grew more and more cynical over the years) pretty much nailed it about 100 years ago: (wiki) Conrad’s distrust of democracy sprang from his doubts whether the propagation of democracy as an aim in itself could solve any problems. He thought that, in view of the weakness of human nature, democracy offered boundless opportunities for demagogues and charlatans.

11 Likes

I think these types of posts about the trumpian GOP assholes, Q-Anon-ers, civil war advocates and their ilk should all be tagged “Fourth Reich”.

2 Likes

Now is the time for all people who support their local school boards or simply appreciate that they are doing their best in a difficult situation to sign up to make a public comment at their board meeting. Boards need to hear from the majority right now. It’s hard for them when they only get bashed and threatened from one side to continue to serve and do good work. It goes a long way. Please do it.

8 Likes

His purpose was to “defend the moms and dads” against the district’s mask mandate,

The purpose of the sheriffs at the meeting were to defend the parents and the kids against his bigotry. [And Josh, if you object to my calling you a bigot, there’s an easy solution. Stop being a fucking bigot!]

7 Likes

It’d be like sunrise on Mercury.

3 Likes

I had always thought the black flag denoted plague, so the product name always made sense to me…beating the plague.

3 Likes

It’s a huge sign of privilege. Essentially what they’re saying with that statement is that they won’t be hurt by the evils brought to us by the GOP. I’d suggest that no one they care about will be hurt either, but I suspect that either they don’t actually care about others, they aren’t aware when others are being hurt, or most likely both. I’m not actually a fan of Democrats, as I find them far too conservative for my tastes, but like it or not, it’s almost always going to be one or the other. Given a choice between the group that has stated their intent to harm me and the other other, well meaning, but kind of incompetent and far too slow to act … it’s not exactly a difficult choice.

15 Likes

If he’s elected to represent Ohio, I may just start denying I was born there or ever lived there.

2 Likes

Yellow flags were historically preferred for that

:thinking:

11 Likes

Obligatory:

16 Likes

Makes me ashamed to have lived there for a year and a half.

3 Likes

JMHO: I think tagging the aforesaid traitors as described would only be proudly embraced by many of them and possibly make them feel even more empowered. I’ll stick with calling them “assholes”, “traitors”, “Trumptards”, “murderous insurrectionists”, etc. That said, when (oh, please, please, please) the dust eventually settles and the fools are put down, historians may use “Attempted Fourth Reich” as an umbrella term.

4 Likes

We know these guys are assholes, and we know that they’ve earned the vote of people who like people who act like assholes.

The real question at this point is, what are we going to do about it?

5 Likes

Mandel’s opponent for the GOP nomination for this seat is… “Hillbilly Elegy” author J.D. Vance, who’s working very, very hard to out-Nazi Mandel.

The only good thing that’ll come out of this is Mandel is going to beat the crap out of Vance, who’ll then have to deal with never getting a book published at a mainstream publisher again*.

*Hopefully. God knows book publishers sure do love to publish books by Nazis these days… :confused:

5 Likes
15 Likes