Transphobic US Senate candidate kicked out of school board meeting

Easier than the Texas Schoolbook Mafia to dumb down ‘murica.

9 Likes

12 Likes

18 Likes

18 Likes

Don't tread

19 Likes

Ooh, nice one.

YOINK.

13 Likes

Lovely sentiment, but it’s politics and public discourse is probably the number one thing most folks can do (besides voting or running for office). I mean unless you are advocating we violently eject these folks from the political arena using physical means which is what they’re dangerously close to the line attempting themselves.

3 Likes

Equally obligatory

9 Likes

There really is right and wrong in this world. They’re wrong.

12 Likes

& @docosc & @teknocholer

I always did love Rikki Tikki Tavi.

14 Likes

Unfortunately this “multiplex” has only one print with his trans-phobic screed to interlock onto all of the screens. There are no other viewpoints in this film library.

1 Like

You, me; same.

13 Likes

Same, too, also.

9 Likes

Shawn Wayans Message GIF

14 Likes

Between you and @teknocholer, I just performed my first triple-yoink!

11 Likes

As much as I disagree with his views, he does have the right to speak. I agree, this went very well for him. They should have let him have his 3 minutes and not given him the platform he wanted where they tried to shut him up.

It’s a no-win situation for liberals but the combination of a purpose-driven agenda with Popper’s Paradox made de-platforming him the correct move. He has the right to speak at a public forum but not about anything that pops into his mind. The question at hand was about mask mandates and he was allowed to spew his reality-challenged garbage about their efficacy. Once he started getting into political opions and anti-trans bigotry he just became a more hateful version of this guy:

9 Likes

So you’d be okay with a klansman at a school board meeting yelling the N-word?

12 Likes

Honestly confused what you’re point is and how it applies to what I’ve said. I’m not sure who you’re referencing as “They”. The person I’m replying to? the people on the political right?

Ok they’re wrong. What do we do about it? beyond voting, running for office, and engaging in public discourse?

Transphobes are wrong. Other people’s humanity is not up for debate. It’s not an opinion. Other people’s humanity is a fact, and people who question that is are just wrong. Full stop. :woman_shrugging: This isn’t difficult.

14 Likes