Traveler suing TSA for missed flight

[Read the post]

3 Likes

The TSA is synonymous with explosive diarrhea in our household.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine this going anywhere (as much as I want it to). The TSA is almost certainly protected from exactly this sort of thing- leaving them invulnerable to suits of this sort.
Seriously, though- I hope this guys wins. And I hope people start filing suits every time this ridiculously shit happens.

18 Likes

Now that’s the type of lawsuit I’d like to see tech. billionaires finance! Miss a flight? Sue in your local small claims court and have your court fees covered if you lose. Adopt the Scientology strategy of pummeling the TSA with thousands and thousands of lawsuits.

18 Likes

Watchlist’d

20 Likes

Been there, done that.

2 Likes

That’s an awfully specific sub-group of explosive diarrhea. I wouldn’t think that all that many people even knew about your household, much less their unfortunate malady.

5 Likes

It invades, oddly after a trip to Tijuana, and the partaking of the street taco vendor. Crazy I know…

spelling corrected and many thanks to @Modusoperandi !

4 Likes

Well there’s your problem right there. Stop eating street taco venders.

18 Likes

Exactly. Taco vendors should only be purchased from a reputable store. Picking one up off the street and cooking it is just a recipe for unpleasantness.

12 Likes

That’s this week theme song. Indeed.

2 Likes

On the no fly list now, for sure…

2 Likes

Think bigger: Class. Action.

4 Likes

Suprisingly restrained in what he’s asking for. Sure hope TSA has to either defend this in court (and loose on merits) or cites an executive privilege so that a “We the people” petition (and letters to congress) can go forward seeking to strip the TSA (and DHS) of this executive privilege.

In all honesty, it would be easier for TSA to settle for the full cost.

8 Likes

Yes! I really really hope he wins. Hell, make a link to donate to his legal fund so we can all contribute.

I’m typing this from a plane after having been in 3 airports in 2 days and all of them had glaringly under staffed tsa lines. And currently there’s no motivation for them to fix that.

4 Likes

Yeah, until folks sense weakness and start pummeling the TSA with suits. But I agree it’s a very restrained and precise suit.

4 Likes

How un-American! Only suing for reasonable damages and costs? Ha!

If only the TSA would post Hulk Hogan’s sex tape …

5 Likes

Sovereign immunity?

You mean, if only TSA would make Peter Thiel wait in line so he missed his flight? (although I imagine he has a private jet) That would bring results, no doubt.

1 Like

He probably kept the lawsuit small to improve his chance of success.

Hopefully this suit is the trickle before the flood.

2 Likes