Troll of the year: Putin offers to release transcript of Trump's meeting with Russian diplomats

Aaaaaannnd the congressional republicans are okay with this.

4 Likes

SUSIE: And I also knew about that ISIS cell. Why are you telling me about it, like it’s a big deal or something?

ETA: this does not excuse sharing classified info; only explains why the Russians wouldn’t make a big deal of it.

3 Likes

Why would the RUSSIANS be the ones making a big deal out of it in any case? It’s not their intelligence apparatus that was compromised.

2 Likes

Tape? Maybe.
Toupe? Yes.

6 Likes

So, let’s tell the WHOLE FRIGGIN WORLD about that compromise. There is so much wrong with this picture.

I hope Trump realized Putin has officially pwned him.

2 Likes

Taupe? Possibly
Toupee? Doubtful. If it were a toupee, it would look a hell of a lot better. It would be the best toupee, made of solid gold…

okay, maybe it is a toupee.

I already have a copy of the recording!

5 Likes

To be pedantic, the KGB and now the FSB are not secret police at all. They are State security organisations; I believe that Brezhnev approved a new KGB uniform, possibly his biggest achievement. They have clandestine wings, but so does the Metropolitan Police in the UK, and we don’t call them the Secret Police (well, not till after June 8th when they get their new Strong and Stable designation.

But yes, I do get the impression that Putin and Lavrov are in a bit of a competition here.

Putin friend of Tillerson - Putin 5 points.
Tass photographer sneaked into meeting - Lavrov 5 points.
Putin offers to release transcripts - Putin 5* points.

Lavrov’s going to have to work hard to top that. Perhaps he’s going to teach Trump to say a few words in Russian - “I love my mother” = ‘ёб твою мать, блядь’ [nsfw]

*5 is the maximum mark in Russia.

6 Likes

Or that Trump in all his magnificence couldn’t possibly say anything Putin doesn’t already know :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Ve know how to unplug and plug back in our router, thank you.
“But, Vlad, you need to wait at least -”
Thank you.

2 Likes

Then there are videos showing Hitler constantly brushing his hair across his head with his fingers.

I think that the Russian spying apparatus is clever enough to work out what new information from a leak is, and isn’t, classified.

If it’s information that they haven’t seen transmitted on any above-board channel, and it’s from a source that knows classified information, it’s probably classified.

Regardless, if nothing classified was said, their task is even easier: show that everything in the transcripts was already open knowledge. If you can do that, you’ve shown that it was unclassified, without having to make guesses about new information.

Irregardless: I think Putin’s driving trollies, and he’s letting Trump know that he can embarrass him if he wants to.

1 Like

It is in the public interest, and especially in the interest of the international community, to know if the President is actively compromising the intelligence networks of the United States or our allies. The Washington Post investigation didn’t share the specific details of what he actually blabbed.

4 Likes

Looks like president Trump is playing CandyLand while Putin is playing Go.

10 Likes

What do you bet that the other side is a Pussy Riot album?

1 Like

Russian intelligence work is really good. He just might.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.