Truck blocked in parking lot manages to squeeze out

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/08/truck-blocked-in-parking-lot-m.html

7 Likes

I"m impressed.

8 Likes

Not his first parking rodeo…

7 Likes

Even if I could do this without taking off the other car’s rearview mirror, I’m not sure I would.

10 Likes

Misread headline as “Trump…” Am disappoint.

18 Likes

I was half expecting him to ram the shit out of that asshole that double-parked him in; or at least call a wrecker to drag it away.

Leaving impressed with his driving skills, but somehow disappoint.

7 Likes

I did that too and fuck that guy. Trump trump trump everywhere I look even where he’s not there he’s still there!!! Get out of my head!!! AAAAAAAH!!!

03%20PM

3 Likes

I didn’t expect ramming, but I thought there would be more nudging. After all, bumpers are for bumping (if you’ve ever parked in SF then you know this).

3 Likes

When I lived in SF in the 80’s and had to park near SF State (where I was going), it made me crazy that people left soooo muuuuch freaking room between them and the cars in front and behind. I swear each car had a half a car length front and back. Pissed me off so much when I was driving around looking for a spot.

3 Likes

damn. there should be an award with a ceremony and everything for that sort of patience and skill.

5 Likes

Wow, how did the truck get in there?

3 Likes

Who else was waiting for it to loop?

1 Like

You can tell the cars from the city. Not only do they have residential parking permit stickers, but the license plate has been bashed into the shape of the bumper.

ETA: I was hoping for audio, just to hear whether the person recording this cheered at the end

1 Like

Unless the person recording this blocked the truck in and expected to be documenting a fender bender.

1 Like

Reminds me of Reese’s Driving Lesson episode of Malcolm in the Middle.

A second hand furniture salesman employed me part time when I was 14, I helped with weekend deliveries. We arrived at a condo out door parking lot in the corner of the lot, yellow strips to port side of our van , do not park. We unload a few funiture items, take it up the condo… return to the van and a mercedi is parked in the yellow strip zone and partially blocking our exit from out parking spot.

Bernie says, let me know when I am clear of that car. He starts to back up… I say your are getting close, closer. 2 inches… your touching the front fender… fender is breaking off… you are clear.

I asked why he did that, tore off the cars fender, he said, ‘They boxed me in, im not going to wait.’ and away we went.

6 Likes

This is the opposite of those YouTube parking videos.

1 Like

Woulda been more damaging if the other cars were Teslas. :wink:

2 Likes

Now train an autonomous vehicle to do that.

1 Like

There was definitely a little braille involved in clearing the car behind, but surprisingly little movement.