Truck has problem in Arkansas police dashcam footage

The news report has more footage including the officer pulling out his fire extinguisher saying something about “until the fire department showed up, he was a one man show” (while a fire truck rolls through the frame behind him.

I mean, good on the police and FD for this, but that’s some silly reporting,

2 Likes

I said that! :wink:

But I gave him a possible benefit of the doubt.

Now we need an ‘expert’ to tell us if that force’s cruisers are equipped with more than one extinguisher.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry! Got to get my hot takes as fast as humanly possible! Missed that you beat me to it!

2 Likes

Great minds think alike, or some such mutually self-serving homily. :wink:

And I don’t think the reporting was the silly thing - they reported what the Police guy said/claimed. Silly police claims? Never! Can’t happen!!

1 Like

Same here! I don’t know how to download the footage, but I had done this for a prior BB Story.

Update: refreshed my download plugins and got it, but I can’t find the original work which would help me. Gotta check the portable drive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One year I took an art car to Burning Man. One of the other people in my camp had an older truck capable of towing the monstrosity we had built. When I pulled up to the greater station laaaate at night I was ready for them to yell “Welcome Home!”. Instead my greeter yelled “FIRE!” And I was like ok…? “FIRE! Wooo!”. Then I looked out my driver-side window to see a lot of flames coming from below the vehicle. Seconds later the greeters had extinguished the fire thankfully. I was so tired it was over before I fully comprehended the situation. Later the greeter pointed out that I really knew how to make a dramatic entrance. :rofl: :fire:

7 Likes

“The explosion has rolled down the hill” is an unlikely, but admirably descriptive radio call.

4 Likes

Epic.

1 Like

“Officer Harris heroically kept the flames at bay before the fire trucks arrived by attempting to blow out the fire. When he ran out of breath, he held the line by spitting on the flames…”

2 Likes

So wherever the van go, the trailer go, too.

So here you go, a Van Gogh trailer:

4 Likes

I take it you’ve never been to a gender reveal party in Arkansas. It’s a boy!

9 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/THKQOaL

2 Likes

“Shit! I’m late for work!” —Apollo

3 Likes

I believe the correct term of art is melon farmer. /s

Citation an Incomporable Podcast Old-time Movie Club episode about a movie set in California in the early seventies with Charles Bronson.

4 Likes

Also see the BBC Cut of “Repo Man”. Alex Cox was asked to tone down the language and hit upon “Melonfarmer”; which, he said, he actually preferred. :smiley: The reason I changed it up for my comment was that, as a white guy, I was uncomfortable associating “melons” and black artists.

2 Likes

I made a new topic in part to provide a venue to shunt omphaloskeptic category debates from various posts. Sadly, I don’t have topic-splitting privileges.

3 Likes

Well it’s got a trailer so technically it’s a tractor.

5 Likes

Who knew that the Autobots have gender reveal parties that occasionally go very, very wrong?

7 Likes

That’s hilarious! Thank you for that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Also used in the US

2 Likes