Trump administration ends Obama-era landmine restriction

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/31/trump-administration-ends-obam.html

3 Likes

It’s times like this I’m forever grateful for all the enlightened centrists who so helpfully assure us that there’s no difference between Democrats and Republicans and would rather maintain their purity than vote for the lesser of two evils.

28 Likes

Where are they gonna go first? Around the embassy in Baghdad?

I bet they’re already there…

2 Likes

Wrong. The policy change is to allow landmines to be used outside the Korean Peninsula, which was exempted from the ban introduced by the Obama Administration.

5 Likes

Thanks Obama

3 Likes

I’m sure there was a groundswell of voters demanding the government lift the ban on landmines. America is a democratic country after all and politicians act based on what the public wants.

10 Likes

Going to be hell to pay if they get used at Pine Gap.

Let’s just forget any of this and just unban everything.

Let’s bring back flamethrowers and phosgene gas!

Chemical warfare, punji sticks, everything that anyone has ever used in any country in any War is now game.

It’s not like anything matters anymore. It’s not like human life or decency matter. After all, the cruelty is the point! Let’s make humanity suffer in new ways again, and forget the horrors of the last 100 years of war.

/S

I hate this man in ways you can’t even imagine.
Human beings are just objects to him, waiting to be abused and used for anything he wants. He’s no better than Putin.

10 Likes

Up next:

Auto-da-fé : was is really so bad ?

8 Likes

ETA: full vid

9 Likes

Mel Brooks should have been in Monty Python.

1 Like

Why is it, that when I watch this A****T that I get the feeling I’m watching Spawn? I’m waiting for the demon clown.

Ah, the USA. Making the world a better place step by step.

Jumping Jack flash is a gas again.

Any bets that they back up the “impenetrable” Great Wall of Trump?

I don’t think the EPA has any problems with phosgene. It’s a very useful industrial chemical, after all. Like chlorine.

2 Likes

Maybe they want to fortify border wall with landmines?

Can we put them on the fairways of Trump’s golf courses, to make things “interesting”?

3 Likes

I swear, if Obama had been the one who made a policy banning the torture of puppies then Biff would reverse it.

5 Likes

I’m guessin’ Trump has been disappointed with the relatively small numbers of immigrant children his border policies have thus far managed to murder. Phase Two: land mines.