Trump asked White House advisers if he could strike Iran nuclear site sometime soon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/16/trump-asked-white-house-advisers-if-he-could-strike-iran-nuclear-site-sometime-soon.html

4 Likes

I’ve been following r/conservative the last couple weeks, and they’ve been clinging to the talkingpoint that “trump is the most peaceful president since reagan”.

Talking up how he’s not started any new foreign wars, as if conservatives and republicans think war is a bad thing.

So much for “trump is peaceful”.

Managed to get temp banned when I pointed out that while trump hasn’t started any foreign wars, he’s been working very hard to start a domestic one, praising violent rightwing extremists and failing to condemn domestic terrorism.

37 Likes

And this is why I suspect the Secret Service never gave him the real codes. Right now I think they are probably watching him closely so he doesn’t steal stuff from the WH or flee to a non extradition country.

20 Likes

You are not alone in that belief; whether true or not, it has helped keep me sane over the last four heinous years…

19 Likes

I’m sure exploding a stockpile of nuclear material will have no unintended consequences.

Also, why wasn’t military super strategist jared not involved? you’re wasting TALENT

/s

17 Likes

He’s been stealing from the WH his whole administration. What else would you call insisting on being accomodated only at properties he owns while charging everyone required to come with him all the normal costs and fees?

18 Likes

Cowards in the admin will never 25th the loser as they’d all be happy watching their self fulfilling Armageddon fantasy come to fruition.

Dangerous times.

17 Likes

I’m talking fixtures, art works, furniture, silverware…

14 Likes

Dignity of office, decorum…

12 Likes

Why not? Attempting to start a war with Iran as a distraction was how he began 2020…

12 Likes

If only we had brokered an agreement with Iran that could have prevented this exact thing from occurring!

32 Likes

I blame his incompetence and indecision over any coherent strategy. Certainly not for lack of trying. It’s a miracle that we haven’t gone to war with North Korea or Iran at this point.

11 Likes

Whelp, no sleep for me tonight. Where’s the Laphroaig?

4 Likes

There’s still time.

1 Like

Not cool.

8 Likes

Way too late. That shit’s been long gone.

4 Likes

I’ve been missing him, too.

edit:

I literally meant Japhroaig, in case it wasn’t clear. I miss him here.

10 Likes

Why you gotta bring truth into my joke!?

6 Likes

I’m in for the Laphroaig.
not for any nihilism, thanks.

11 Likes

I hate to say it but Trump really has been less of a hawk than most any recent president. Less civilians killed. I fear a resumption of the military industrial complex.