US sends 3,500+ more troops to Middle East as Iran tensions escalate

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/03/iran-us-to-deploy-3000-or-mo.html

7 Likes

The storming of the embassy was just the pretext they were looking for… this is not going to end well for anyone, but most especially for the people or Iraq and Iran.

I can’t say I’m surprised but this is really fucked up…

ab-fab-pats-drinking|nullxnull

30 Likes

I could put up a gif of shocked not shocked… but this is too fucking dark to do that.

25 Likes

giphy

17 Likes

What was that about not fighting endless wars or somesuch?

20 Likes

Now comes the part where Trump keeps Americans safe by sending a bunch of them to die in a bloody, entirely avoidable conflict.

34 Likes

Right? I wonder if this means at least some of his base will be unhappy about this… we know that some will be happy because they’ll see it as the start of the end times, which is what they want, so those of us who aren’t “good Christians” get our just desserts…

good-omens-crowley-armageddon

22 Likes

14 Likes

I guess this marks the official start of election season.

Given the GOP’s indescribable need to project, they pretty much called this war 8 years ago.

37 Likes

Self-fulfilling prophesies commence.

11 Likes

Of course the GOP likes to have their cake and eat it too.

Back when Obama was president, it was a move of desperation if he attacked Iran.

But now, it’s a show of strength.

20 Likes

Please, that fascist barbie very much gets off on the death of civilians across the middle east and can’t wait to see more mass carnage there… She needs to go fuck off with that disingenuous bullshit.

36 Likes

Because most of the GOP is too stupid to realize when they’re being hypocritical.

…and Tomi Lahren is a vapid twit.

11 Likes

Empire is bipartisan… not like Democratic presidents haven’t readily and actively participated in American imperialism…

But yes, she is pretty vapid.

14 Likes

15 Likes

“We’re letting the Kurds die because we want to bring the troops home. No more endless war!”

“We’re sending in more troops because we’re tough and nobody messes with us!”

Hold out your hands, the GOP will happily fill your palms with shit every time.

25 Likes
4 Likes

Wag the dog.

This is what happens when the Commander in Chief not only has several existing threats to his rule but has to constantly prove how “tough” he is.

11 Likes

Especially now.

27 Likes

This should be plastered across the screens of every major news station for the next week.

Especially FOX, even though it’s a propaganda station and not a news station.

First he weaponizes space itself, and now he’s doing his part to create new wars all over again.

Someone ship this tool to the Middle East and leave him there. I give the asshole 5 minutes if he’s lucky.

3 Likes