Trump administration walks back Obama wiretapping claim

WORDS! So damned troublesome!
Sad.

8 Likes

OMFG that’s hilarious!:joy:

4 Likes

My epitaph will read just like that … except append with “But at least backtoyoujim wasn’t motherfucking Donald Trump.”

3 Likes

I’m convinced. Spicer is doing a terrific job interpreting what President Trump (I always throw up a little in my mouth when I see that) tweets. I’m glad he does it because Trump’s tweets are vague and unclear. :confused::confounded:

2 Likes

Aw, fuck this guy!

Edited to add: Seriously. This fucking guy.

3 Likes

So let’s see the evidence of surveillance.

By anyone.

Well, anyone not Russian.

1 Like

Or, rather: “Don’t believe the literal meaning of his actual words, believe the meaning some other people arbitrarily assigned to those words a week later to make him seem less crazy. Also, don’t ask him about it, because he might make it even clearer he meant what he originally said.” This is going to be an ongoing theme, based on how many times it has already happened.

This is apparently the new political reality in both the US and UK:

http://mashable.com/2017/03/13/liam-fox-political-gaffe-tweet-live-tv/#PcIg_SCrFOqx

15 Likes

What scares the heck out of me is that I’m familiar with the principle that “People tend to get the sort of government that they deserve.”

1 Like

Oh, so that explains the “Trump Vodka” business. He was trying to set up a store for later when he would really need it!

Naturally, he’d want something more Russian than whiskey…

5 Likes

Ah, in other words, “don’t listen to what I say, listen to what I’m trying to say.”

Doesn’t work so well when you’re being as unambiguous as “Obama had my wires tapped” though I suppose.

7 Likes

Honestly, I’m just sick of the incessant bald-faced lies. They’re not funny anymore. They’re not even Orwellian. They’re just insulting, coming from people who are supposed to be accountable public servants.

It’s like they’re daring us to wheel out the guillotine.

19 Likes

What’s crazy is this is the opposite of how it’s supposed to work … the president doesn’t make something up and then the DOJ finds evidence; it should be the DOJ finds evidence and then tells the president. This is McCarthyism.

13 Likes

We still shouldn’t roll over on this and accept it. He’s still making a big accusation against the administration.

Does he have any evidence for this?

7 Likes

But… there have been articles in “many news sources” about Trump’s people talking about it! Surely that means it’s true!

6 Likes

This is how it’s going to work. When the President said, “grab,” he meant, “not grab.” When he said “Tic-tac,” it’s obvious he meant, “not Tic-tac.” Are there any questions? By which I mean, there are no questions.

14 Likes

That’s what I love about Trump. He means what he says. I mean, he doesn’t always mean what he says. LOOK MOOSLIMS!!!

7 Likes

Given how much they’ve weaseled on the claim, all it would take to “prove” it is evidence than one of the many mobsters/oligarchs who rent space in Trump Tower was looked at by a cop at some point.

I’d rate the chances of that at around 100%. “Investing” in Trump’s properties appears to be a popular money-laundering technique amongst organised criminals.

6 Likes

Remember, it’s not the fact of what was said that matters. It’s what you believe he said.

…As long as you’re one of his supporters, of course. Otherwise, you’re just part of that lying media!!!

9 Likes

“This is the operative statement. The others are inoperative.”

3 Likes

I agree with this completely. Is there a way we (whoever we are) can keep hammering away at this until he says something like, “I was wrong. I shouldn’t have said that. I’ve called President Obama to apologize”? He’ll never say that, of course, so I guess my plan is doomed.

But it seems so… tawdry that he can just say whatever bullshit he feels like and the country is supposed to say, “Oh well. Trumps gotta trump!”

8 Likes