Trump administration walks back Obama wiretapping claim

That’s Arthur “Two Sheds” Jackson, isn’t it?

4 Likes

I am looking forward to a proper government investigation led by McCain (man that sounds weird) where Trump will be asked under oath about said tweets/statements and he’s such an ego driven twit, he will very quickly perjur himself right out of office. I mean, that would be an awesome scenario anyways …

9 Likes

Bruce Bartlett obviously has a much higher opinion of Occupant Trump than I do.

5 Likes

She doesn’t even challenge him? Not even direct his attention to the enormous screen right next to him?

11 Likes

I’m waiting to see McCain challenge Trump to hand-to-hand combat. That I would like to see.

“Two men enter. One man leaves”

4 Likes

Alas, one should never bring a guillotine to a gun fight.

1 Like

Wait for it.

6 Likes

By which, generic_name clearly and obviously meant to convey that he believes strongly in precise and unambiguous communication.

1 Like

President Fart In An Elevator.

2 Likes

McCain has pretty limited movement in his arms, but Trump has tiny hands.

I’d buy that for a dollar!

1 Like

in other words

11 Likes

I think it’s more “listen to what I decide I was saying, in a week or so once people have had a chance to react to what I actually said.”

9 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know if her thinking was, “It would be rude to contradict him,” “there’s no point in confronting him and belaboring the issue, let’s move on” or “I’ll just let him continue on, making the rope by which he’s hanging himself…”

2 Likes

Like during the campaign when Hugh Hewitt gave him multiple opportunities to walk back or clarify his “Obama is the founder of ISIS” claim, and he doubled down:

Donald Trump said Thursday that he meant exactly what he said when he called President Barack Obama the “founder of ISIS” and objected when a conservative radio show host tried to clarify the GOP nominee’s position.

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean “that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace.”
Trump objected.
“No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS,” Trump said. “I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.”

Hewitt pushed back again, saying that Obama is “not sympathetic” to ISIS and “hates” and is “trying to kill them.”
“I don’t care,” Trump said, according to a show transcript. “He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?”

6 Likes

28 Likes

4 Likes

Words!? How the fuck do they work?

Words!? Who knew words would be so complex?

7 Likes

13 Likes

My favorite exchange from Spicer’s nonsense conference:

16 Likes

Hero of language anti-prescriptivists everywhere.

5 Likes