5 Likes

You know I live on the BBS right?

5 Likes

What… like Skynet?

Edit: I so should have gone HAL!!!

6 Likes

[/quote]

13 Likes

Nah, more like, this is where all my friends hang out, so I just stay here 24/7.

4 Likes

Good, that’s a lot less nightmarishly dystopian.

2 Likes

eh. Could be worse.

I’m pretty sure Trump wants us kneeling

3 Likes

Get real, you “reality TV star” hack.

2 Likes

Bod by Zod

1 Like

3 Likes

Admittedly, this has actually started to happen among some Republican voters. The recent This American Life show Getting Your Money’s Worth included a segment about the people that own the GOP. The Deasons are a father and son in Texas that are pretty upfront about buying politicians in this way. (OK, to be fair, they don’t actually say they’re buying them, but that’s sure what it comes across as to me.) In the course of a few months, they go from concerns that Trump isn’t playing up their issues (e.g., destroying the EPA, etc.) to ecstatically lining up to support him.

Also, it may just be me, but I can’t help but hear a threat in some of their statements. At the time of the story, Charles Koch, in a rare moment of actually acting like a decent human being, instead of his usual self, declined to support Trump. “Charles Koch, he can’t stand Trump. Asked about Trump’s idea to register Muslims, Koch said, ‘That’s monstrous. This isn’t Nazi Germany.’ He said that Trump’s behavior is the opposite of what the Koch Network stands for.”(*)

After their meeting with Trump and their subsequent falling in line, Doug Deason stated “I’ll probably send [Charles Koch] a letter back and just say, hey, we met with him. We had the opportunity to meet with him. We were withholding judgment on him until we met with him. Now that we’ve had time to spend time with him, we intend to support him financially. We think that it would be in everyone’s best interest and your own, and the Network’s, if you would meet with him.”

Perhaps then, this adviser wasn’t addressing us little, obviously much less important folk, but the Republican rank and file. It would be a shame if they were on the wrong side when the purges start, wouldn’t it?

(* - Of course a lot of us can’t help but notice that this simply isn’t true. Trumps behavior is a logical result of the behavior of the GOP over the last few decades. The only difference is that he’s being up front about it.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.