Trump advisor Steve Bannon ordered conservative Republicans to vote for Trumpcare and they just laughed at him

Bonus points for "fluid shit list."
A key Trump glossary term if ever there was one.

15 Likes

46 Likes

There’s a certain amount of smug satisfaction to be found by perusing the rightwing subreddits for those who go looking. All kinds of recriminations spread among almost all involved. Ryan gets a lot of scorn, but so does Trump. There’s even some discussion about splitting the party to weed out the RINOs. I have to admit, this failure is the most encouraging thing to happen since election day.

28 Likes

Too strong.

13 Likes

I love checking out the posts at Free Republic after situations like this. The shear absence of threads is the first clue that they just don’t want to talk about it. And those threads that do exist parrot the Trump line pretty closely - that this was Ryan’s failure (It’s Ryancare NOT Trumpcare!) and if they had just repealed and not tried replacing Obamacare then free market magic could blossom and solve everything.

Entertaining to say the least.

13 Likes

I’ve been studying communication lately. One of the things I learned is that men tend to view conversation as a one up/one down thing where they vie for authority, whereas women see conversation as a way to connect. One interesting wrinkle in this is that people who are kinda of alpha male types are very adverse to people acting authoritatively toward them, and so they will be quite oppositional and working against The Man until they are The Man in which case suddenly they want everyone to fall in line. So, no surprise that a congress person who is a man is not too excited about being told to get in line and listen like a good boy.

29 Likes

Free markets are magical places where everyone gets what they want and pay the fair amount. They never need regulating. Companies always care about their consumers and only want the best for them. Free markets are like a big hug from corporate America.

31 Likes

I’m feeling pretty let down by all those stories of Bannon being some kinda evil super-genius. If he’s so damn smart, how does he not know the first thing about getting votes in congress?

14 Likes

I’ve learned over the years in business meetings to pay attention to the quiet guys in the corner rather than the blustering alpha male in the power tie. It’s always the quiet ones who wield the greater authority.

17 Likes

Yes, the Trust Acts were such a waste of effort.

(any remaining Third Way exponents believe that one of the most important regulatory functions of government is to create and maintain free markets, because paradoxically freedom is the enemy of free markets - as explained so well by Adam Smith. )

2 Likes

i aim to please… or someone else does… however that works

2 Likes

Anybody got a copy of The Art of The Deal? I want to know what the chapter Threatening People With Empty Ultimatums says about situations like this.

30 Likes

maybe there’s a comma missing… as in “he’s the evil, genius”

17 Likes

Some men just like to watch the world burn.

• Alfred Pennyworth

In related news - thank god they finally found Paul Ryan after his epic bender last night.

as Joker arrested in Virginia

MAR. 25, 2017 1:42 AM EDT •

WINCHESTER, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia have arrested a man who was dressed as comic book villain the Joker and reportedly carrying a sword.
Winchester Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Hall said in a news release that the department got several 911 calls Friday afternoon reporting a man made up as Batman’s nemesis. He was wearing a cape and carrying a sword.

9 Likes

Dude, he’s the president and you are not. You HAVE to listen to him. It’s the law.

18 Likes

I mean, to be fair to the guy…if I’m going to get arrested, that’s how I’d pick for it to happen.

7 Likes

I’m not sure that being held like that in the holding tank without your sword is a great way to pass the time.

2 Likes

At least it’s better than being the guy in a holding tank while the other guy has a sword.

4 Likes

I just found my favorite new euphemism.

10 Likes

17 Likes