Trump: 'Alt-left' attacked in Charlottesville, 'both sides' to blame for deadly violence

2 Likes

Since the world is a spheroid, the counter protestors technically did surround the far right. You just have to define the statue of Jefferson as being on the outside of the protests.

13 Likes

From ABC News article ('Unite the Right' rally in Charlottesville turns violent - ABC News):

“Before I make a statement, I need the facts, so I don’t want to rush into a statement. So making the statement when I made it was excellent,” he said today.

Why start now, of all times? (I ask, pretending not to know the answer…)

11 Likes

We’re not all dead yet, so I don’t think this is the bottom.

19 Likes

Nice thing about that is that it covers 46.

5 Likes

What I notice, looking at that picture, is that the people Trump is defending would gladly send the man on his right (Treasury secretary Mnuchin) to an extermination camp. Neither seems to care. That’s just insane.

14 Likes

It seems like everyone on the trump train who isn’t actually on board for (all of the) the crazy has to find more and more convoluted reasons to avoid cognitive dissonance.

7 Likes

They would send Trump’s son-in-law to the death camps too. His daughter would probably be sent to a re-education camp, but that’s no guarantee she will get out alive.

9 Likes

9 Likes

American Citizen here, I have a college degree ,some technical skills and in decent health. Steady work history. Not married nor kids. Certainly willing to work below prevailing wage, looking for new life in different country. Message me if interested.

13 Likes

Trump will help resolve the debate about Confederate statues by offering to accept a few for the White House grounds.

9 Likes

10 Likes

11 Likes

That non-Euclidean geometry will get you every time.

7 Likes

Have you considered Massachusetts?

8 Likes

I’d be worried about someone going home and kicking the cat like Reagan did when he invaded Grenada two days after the Marines were bombed in Lebanon. There’s only room for one major topic in a news cycle. Trump spoke about not ruling out a military action in Venezuela when no one even asked about Venezuela - immediately handing Maduro a propaganda gift.

4 Likes

Hello, FBI? I’d like to report a Nazi collaborator.

18 Likes

A few thoughts:

1. Its official. If you still support Donald Trump by now, you are a fucking nazi.

2. There is no such thing as a group of good people gathering together carrying torches

3. Evidently there are sane Republicans (or at least ones who are smart enough to get the hell out of dodge right now)
    http://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-blast-trump-for-charlottesville-comments-2017-8

4. You know you have become a complete piece of shit when even Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio can rightfully claim moral high ground here.

5. You know things have gotten completely out of hand when Chuck Schumer and Marco Rubio can be in full agreement.

6. If I read a post on a message board praising Trump right now, blathering about the Alt Left, or supporting “Southern Culture” I will reach through the screen and rip out that poster’s throat.

I am not a happy camper
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder918/400x/28225918.jpg

22 Likes

No - there is no respite for the Republicans. They hold the bag for this. They can Impeach him on emoluments or any other host of charges at any time. They are responsible for him still being in the White House, and they are going to carry that to the grave.

20 Likes

Works for me. But at least they have enough of a connection to reality to know that a giant shitstorm just got set off and they need to run from it post-haste.

1 Like