Trump and Biden face off in first Presidential debate

I wish people would stop using the term “dog whistle” to describe his racist remarks and his shout-outs to right-wing terrorists. A “dog whistle” is something that ordinary people cannot hear, that can only be heard by the target group. He’s not “dog whistling.” He’s shouting it out, plainly and loudly, for everyone to hear.

28 Likes

Trump doubled-down on his “forest cities” babble. I’m amazed he didn’t mention rakes.

13 Likes

I saw someone sum it up nicely: “Trump has replaced the dog whistle with a steam whistle.”

16 Likes

It looks like the little folds of aluminum foil hairdressers use when dying dark roots. Why its still there would be a mystery.

7 Likes
15 Likes

It’s wig tape. $70,000 wig tape.

3 Likes

27 Likes

What a goddamn disaster of a trainwreck of a shitshow of a garbage fire.

6 Likes

But it miraculously changed in about two hours:

The url still says “Dow futures slump over 170 points as investors parse first presidential debate.”

6 Likes

The problem is now that the markets are open, they are behaving just the opposite. It’s dog eat dog right now. I advise being verrrrrry careful with playing the stock market right now.

The jobs reports and other things happening this next month may be doctored and pump things up, …for a while. But when reality catches up and the profits simply aren’t there, we are in for another rude surprise. My bet is that we are looking at the weakest holiday sales season on record since WW2. Because of that, there will be a huge correction in late December, like in 2018. We may squeak past a correction in October, if people get greedy and decline to take out profits early. Which will make the correction worse. It would be better to have a small revaluation now and another small one later, but that’s not how these things usually go.

4 Likes

My financial planner echoes that advice.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I’d say anyone “won” that shitshow but Biden lost less badly which is close enough.

Trump is behind in the polls and he needed to change the narrative last night if he wanted to improve his chances. He failed.

15 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Investment planning for the coming apocalypse

46 Likes

I’m sure a lot of Trump’s debate prep was geared towards triggering Biden’s stutter.

4 Likes

:grin: :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes
14 Likes

b-but I thought the invisible hand loved austerity?

10 Likes

Trump only has 5 weeks to send out all those vote bribes with his name on them.

3 Likes

I agree, but it may have been a trap that Trump was prepared for “How dare you disparage the memory of my good (black) friend, he died because he wasn’t allowed to have hydroxychloroquine and the bastard scientists who are often wrong wouldn’t let him have the vaccines…” When you don’t sweat the truth, there’s an answer for everything.

2 Likes