Trump and Biden face off in first Presidential debate

ahh, louie gohmert, the stupid party candidate from east texas. i have friends in his district who are republican and despise him but keep voting for him because “he’s the republican.” ayy-yi-yi!

there’s a state university in his district. if students weren’t effectively disenfranchised in texas he’d never get re-elected.

11 Likes

We in Italy have list representatives, by law and they have to follow the procedures, and must notify in advance that they are list representatives and should have a badge identifying them.
It’s clear that a random party member or worse a candidate can come and look the voting count operations.
Did many times the counting agent, and sometimes there were discussion with them mainly when I contested some votes for misspelled names or the like.
Then you have to add a note in the polling logbook and lose a lot of time.
Having only one by party is a good thing, thank you.

3 Likes
12 Likes
19 Likes

Not that this is surprising - Biden won the debate - Trump was seen clearly by voters in focus groups. Biden came across well.

“ Then we have the focus groups. Republican pollster Frank Luntz convened a focus group of 16 purportedly undecided voters from swing states, and in general they had kinder things to say about Biden’s performance than Trump’s.

RELATED

3 winners and 4 losers from the first 2020 presidential debate

Asked to describe Trump in one word or phrase, the responses were: “horrid,” “chaotic,” “unpolished,” “crackhead,” “ehh,” “puzzling,” “un-American,” “unhinged,” “an ass, but a confident ass,” “classic Trump,” “forceful,” “unhinged,” “bully,” “arrogant,” arrogant,” “typical.”

Then, asked to describe Biden, the responses were: “I was surprised at how well he did,” “better than expected,” “definitely more professional than Trump and I think he’s more a people person,” “competent,” “politician,” “showed restraint and compassion,” “politician,” “predictable,” “nice guy but lacking vision,” “coherent,” “leader,” “attentive and rehearsed,” “somewhat evasive,” “humanity and integrity,” “predictable,” “presidential.”

18 Likes
21 Likes

Can’t help with this one. It’s not what a shunt looks like, but i don’t know what it might be.

12 Likes
7 Likes

It stimulates the lizard brain.

So in this case- a whole brain stimulator.

9 Likes

The most amazing thing about this is that they found 15 people who were still undecided.

13 Likes

Did they get that guy back to do his fact-checking auctioneer style? That guy rules.

WTFAFF…

:grimacing: :rofl:

Holy fuck, that’s horrible.

Welp, from everyone’s reaction… I’m glad I only watched like 10 minutes of that shit.

18 Likes

I was screaming at my tv at that moment for Wallace or Biden to say, “Herman Cain died from attending your maskless rally.”

For fuck’s sake!

18 Likes

Probably velcro - holding the ends of his hairpiece in place (the other ends are somewhere around the back of his neck).

5 Likes

Or it’s where the squirrels get in…

12 Likes

:roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Or where all the synapses tunnelled out, screaming “we can’t stand it in here any more - too many unnatural connections”

3 Likes

Listen to the Proud Boys founder in his own words.

14 Likes

“debate”…

all trump needs to do to “win” these things in the eyes of his team and his loyal followers is “get to” biden, which he does pretty expertly. presidential debates have been pointless for years, now they are literally farce.

2 Likes
11 Likes

@KathyPartdeux I believe you called it.

18 Likes