Trump and Biden face off in first Presidential debate

Recent self administered brain surgery? No tin foil hat because he’s got it embedded in his scalp? A PCB antenna so the dark lord can speak through him? We should have known without a heart he’d have to be “the tin man”? My brain can’t stop asking, what?

5 Likes

The most plausible speculation I’ve seen on Twitter is that it’s a shunt for hydrocephalus or deep brain stimulator - which would actually make a lot of sense given the weird gait that he’s had recently. Or maybe it’s a bone conducting hearing aid.

Maybe @docosc has a guess.

ETA also the tweet is kind of misleading — that pic isn’t from tonight, it’s from a Fox News town hall done a few months ago.

14 Likes

There’s been a lot of talk that he’s been having mini strokes. So a shunt to relieve pressure makes sense.

9 Likes

I’ll gladly take that correction. Like I said, I didn’t watch, so I didn’t have that as a means of auditing things.

7 Likes

Maybe his strategists figured (correctly) that they will construe “hidden messages” to them out of whatever bullshit he says, so he needn’t bother shouting out to them. Must be hard to hold more than one instruction at a time in his head anyway.

8 Likes

I’m glad I DVR’d this to watch when I get home in the morning.

The debate is available on YouTube if you missed it. I’m going to delete my DVR recording when I get home.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what it is but it apparently cost $70,000.

15 Likes

Big Beef got together and got him a new special?RADNOR model TPR 75th visit special!

5 Likes

But how will the US prepare for recovery in the next cycle?

Has the most powerful military of the world at his disposal.
Keeps coddling fascist street thugs and court martialed ex soldiers because he can’t rely on the former for what he really wants.
I hope it won’t get lost to history what a sad joke of a US president this really was.

10 Likes

Hmmm looks like some sort of Interface.

3 Likes

Should ask rootin’ tootin’ vladimir putin.

3 Likes

oil filler cap, hasn’t been touched since the 80ies.

7 Likes

i mean what even is their theoretical justification? ( i probably dont want to know, do i? )

4 Likes
30 Likes

Trump couldn’t complain about this language because he does paint his face orange everyday. Who else but clowns do that?

5 Likes

Because he won @Shuck. I don’t think Trump was paying attention in debate class back in military school. Trump was just repeating his talking points from his rallies and press conferences. When Biden did get a chance to give a clear opinion on the questions he spoke towards the future. Trump was mired in the past.

11 Likes

I have this thing.

Boris Johnson’s crew of drunken, coke-snorting, tax-evading pirates does the same trick.

They raise the spectre of far-right violent activism, drawing on the well of imagery we all have of brownshirts and so on, to frighten and mute people.

Here in the UK, the people they’re talking about are sodden with booze, are very few in number, and are moronically stupid. They don’t have guns though.

They’re gaslighting, bullying and causing fear where there should be none.

In the US you have these people with armaments, and they can clearly do a lot of damage. There are small groupings (“militia”) of them that hit the headlines and video feeds.

But I really wonder what they’d really do if Trump “called on them”. I reckon they’d check the National Guard reserves and slink away quietly - a few would kick off, and there would be death, but they’re basically fearful, under-confident people; they like to shriek and shout from behind swastikas and so forth, but they have no substance, no thorough commitment or purpose. They’re crazies.

My point is - Chrump keeps rolling this one out, and he will continue to, but in the face of the loss of democracy, it’s not something to allow weakening of our purpose.

Basically - don’t be scared. If worst comes to worst, there will be bloodshed, but that’s a certainty, not an unknowable. Certainties are concerning, but once recognised as threats, we kind of have to deal with the sorrow then, and not allow it to reduce our commitment.

We in the UK - I’d estimate 80% of the population - are absolutely rooting for Trump to be taken down, prosecuted and jailed in isolation, along with his ridiculous children and wife.

For two reasons: despite our history of parliamentary democracy, people are realising that the USA is a comparative beacon of liberty and progress (in many areas, not all - and we’re familiar with many of the issues the USA faces, in part because we always seem to get a pallid v2 of it as our useless governors obsequiously and lazily copy the USA). The second reason is we just hate Trump, and we have the obscene Bozo Johnson to deal with.

Trump goes, the cabal falls, and we can start prosecuting. And we really, really want to.

12 Likes

After this shit show; the market is going to crash today. Who could have confidence about the immediate financial future given Trump’s pretty calling for violence and instability?

22 Likes

Those who’ve lived with tweakers on the other hand will take a field minute or so.

15 Likes