Trump and Vance's Haitian rhetoric causing real harm

Originally published at: Trump and Vance's Haitian rhetoric causing real harm - Boing Boing

23 Likes

ETA:

See also:

29 Likes

Charge Trump and Vance as accomplices to any and all terroristic threats made. Make Racists Afraid Again. (Yeah, I know, they’re already afraid. Make them afraid to be publicly racist, not just afraid of the scary “other.”)

27 Likes

Unfortunately stochastic terrorism, while abhorrent, isn’t technically a crime. For that it needs to rise to “incitement to terrorism.” That’s one reason history is filled with monsters who never faced accountability for their roles in promoting atrocities.

14 Likes

The actual, non-cat-eating Haitians in Springfield seem to tick all the conservative boxes of hard work, personal responsibility, self-improvement, initiative (they’ve moved to where the jobs are), faith and family values. But they’re Black, so they don’t even get held up as a “model minority” to make African Americans look bad.

34 Likes
15 Likes
28 Likes

I don’t think Vance is “unwell.” That gives him a pass he does not deserve. He’s calculating. While perfectly capable of doing algebra, he’s stooping to first-grade math to appeal to the rubiest of the rubes.

37 Likes
42 Likes

Since when have any of them given a flying fuck about what harms their racist stinking rhetoric causes? That is not a bug, it is a feature! If it goes really well, the targeted group will try to defend themselves and they will pounce on that as proof positive that they are dangerous.

27 Likes

The Gods of Haiti need to take care of them the way they did Joseph Virek.

7 Likes

True, true, but I wouldn’t be mad if somebody went all Jack McCoy from Law & Order-style on them and went for a Hail Mary prosecution on this one.

4 Likes

As long as Sam Waterston’s voice cracks during closing arguments.

4 Likes

And contains the phrase, “And without [insert concept here], there can be no justice.”

6 Likes

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

The same shit as the whole “China virus” caused the attack on Asian community again. These monsters need to have their face blurred and voices muffled like in Black Mirror as soon as a word of hate speech coming out from any of their orifices.

18 Likes

Well, as has been said before: the exact same sh!t has been used time and time again to incite pogroms. So, absolutely no surprise if it still works.

Normally, I’m happy to argue that Tr*** is too dumb to know any history, but I’m not so sure with the couchlovin’ Ohio boy or any of the other fascists hiding in the rafters (Miller, Bannon, etc.)

14 Likes
8 Likes

29 Likes
17 Likes

30 Likes