JD Vance doubles down on his blood libel against Haitians

Originally published at: JD Vance doubles down on his blood libel against Haitians - Boing Boing

9 Likes

Once again, “these filthy foreigners are abducting and eating your cats and dogs!” is literally one of the go-to accusations xenophobes used to libel Chinese immigrants around the turn of the 20th Century. It was a common trope in political cartoons and “comedic” films for decades.

(Sadly the bigots never really stopped spreading that racist stereotype either.)

37 Likes

Waiting now for headlines about this latest dump of racist MAGA shite in corporate media…

< crickets >

It’s no surprise from Vance, who appears to be even more of a white supremacist true believer than Tromp.

22 Likes

I thought he was going to say that animals are being stolen to be used in black magic rituals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2024/03/24/haiti-deal-devil-bois-caiman/

15 Likes

Some people still can’t forgive Haiti for the whole “throwing off the shackles of bondage in the first and only known successful slave revolt” thing.

46 Likes

Ah, yes the Trumpian playbook of <state vile and easily disproven claim> followed with, “but who knows?” or “someone should look into this!”

17 Likes

Your office has received “many” inquiries? How many? Give us a number.

“a child was murdered by a Haitian migrant who had no right to be here” – okay, what’s the case number under which the police is investigating that crime? Apparently the police have said that there was no such incident – who are we to believe?

Keep in mind we’ve heard “many” people saying that J.D. Vance had relations with living room furniture. “It’s possible, of course, that all of these rumors will turn out to be false.” right?

27 Likes

It is true that Springfield OH is having trouble handling the huge influx of Hatians, but there’s no evidence of pets being eaten, or even that crime rates are going up-- the “child was murdered” is (I think) Vance dishonestly calling a car accident “murder.”

That the immigrant had “no right to be here” is incorrect, he was given asylum, thus he has the right to be here. “I was a stranger in your land and you took me not in. . . .”

30 Likes

At this point, I would not be surprised to learn that it’s actually JD Vance stealing pets and eating them, then trying to pin it on Haitian immigrants…

16 Likes

The dog-shooting party says what?

30 Likes

Looks like the GOP has figured out their best chance of winning is in solidifying the support with people who really hate brown people and women and who really, really like fascism.

10 Likes

8 Likes

I’m not an expert in making a “Pact to the Devil,” but I thought the point of those was to get something unearned in this life (e.g. extravagant wealth) in exchange for your losing your inherently good soul…and thus becoming an instrument of evil on the earth…maybe with some ironic twist to that, like being a televangelist.

Anyway, if true Haiti got a terrible deal there.

8 Likes

Indeed. The Devil demanded His pay…

16 Likes

I’ve heard many people saying that Vance will be getting his personal chef to cook the pets according to JFK Jr’s recipes. This might not be true; maybe someone should look in to this.

20 Likes

The Office Yes GIF

14 Likes

trump

18 Likes

19 Likes

Ted Cruz deserves deeply horrible things to happen to him.

12 Likes

I can’t help but feel like this whole, weird ass, racist line of discourse stems entirely from someone in the Republican party saying out loud “How the fuck did we become the party of dog murderers and cat haters?” and deciding “What if we painted immigrants as somehow hating pets more?”

14 Likes