JD Vance doubles down on his blood libel against Haitians

More likely to be RFK Jr, since he couldn’t find a nearby bear cub or whale.

4 Likes

Republican vice-presidential candidate J. Divan Vance

Couchy!

14 Likes

Also, the parents of the child who died have already stated that they don’t want their child’s name associated with hateful anti-immigrant rhetoric.

JD Vance can, as always, fuck right off.

22 Likes

Related: It turns out the pic of the guy taken walking with a goose was from Columbus. The guy who took it has no information as to the back story, it could have been road kill for all he knows and it has since been hijacked for this right-wing hoax.

12 Likes

It’s infuriating that people are using that photo to spread this stupid libelous conspiracy theory, but also… are people suggesting that Haitian people are kidnapping and eating pet geese?

Even if we jumped to the conclusion that the man carrying that goose intented to eat it, so what? People hunt and eat geese all the time. Keeping a Canada Goose as a pet would be much more unusual.

15 Likes

right?!
i mean, just ask @chgoliz how cute and cuddly those canada geese are! :rofl:
sorry, Liz…

i do have some rather nice recipes for roast goose i could share in the food thread…

11 Likes

There’s a lot of good background here

…until recently Springfield was a dying town. Ten years ago it began a program to attract new business and it was stunningly successful: before long it had produced more jobs than the town could fill… The Haitian community heard about this and rescued Springfield. They migrated from other states and filled the jobs, doing them so well that more and more businesses set up shop. By all accounts, the Haitian settlers were hard working, law abiding, and healthy. … Most of the Haitians were already in the country thanks to the Cuban Haitian Entrant Program of 1980.

18 Likes

“First we let them into the country and then the next thing you know 44 years later we start to hear rumors of some cats going missing. Coincidence!?!?!?:roll_eyes:

14 Likes

While there are no pets being killed, anti-immigrant rhetoric will get people killed. That is a sick and weird ideology to base your presidential campaign on.

17 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised - he made public claims that this was something that was going on, so now every credulous, racist idiot whose pet has gone missing is contacting him, assuming that’s what happened to their cat. (In reality: No, Fluffy got hit by a car, just like their last three cats they paid no attention to.)

9 Likes

Preferably losing the election in 2026. Heralding Texas turning blue.

The state is far more purple than its scumbag governor and AG would be comfortable admitting to.

10 Likes

How long will it be before some psychopath kills a pet and leave carcasses scattered around the city to blame the immigrants and collaterally save face for Mr. Vance?

12 Likes

I’ve heard many people (well me, at least) saying that J. D. Vance has actually been having relations with goat and he himself started the living room furniture rumor to distract people away from that. It’s also possible that this rumor is false, but two rumors like that can’t be just a coincidence!

12 Likes

Someone should look into that.

(No, I’m not volunteering.)

7 Likes

Honestly and unfortunately, in every way that matters, Texas is a blood red state and will remain so as long as Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick, and Ken Paxton are willing to cheat to win. The day Texas turns blue, the state’s Secretary of State will declare they found 40 million surprise voters in Lubbock, and all of them voted for the way Ken Paxton wants them to.

3 Likes

Georgia was doomed to remain a red state forever until it wasn’t.

16 Likes

Paxton, Patrick and Abbott are term limited out in 2026. So there’s that.

13 Likes

Isn’t every major city in Texas now blue?

10 Likes

Whoever smelt it dealt it, right?

1 Like

9631c71fb0ae504b9b3db1600fee2c64b7e2995007456db007cb84d84e90dc34

12 Likes