Trump approval rating drops 5 points after redacted Mueller Report released

The good news is that the only age demographic the Republicans are winning with are folks 75 years old and older. The bad news is that they also have among the highest voting rates of the various age demographics. My ongoing concern is that in the next 10 years or so, as enough Republican voters are dying off that their presidential election chances become zero, the Repubs will take a scorched earth approach the entire country. “If we can’t rule it, no one can.”

If we can get through the next 10 years without a civil war or total political/economic collapse, then the Party will either have to reconstitute its platform to be less insane and anti-human, or be relegated to the sidelines permanently.

I don’t have high hopes for a smooth transition, though. :confused:

5 Likes

Even when we have ‘hard data’, we don’t. We thought East Germany was strong. It was not. We thought Iraq had decent infrastructure (specifically pipelines). It did not. We get our data from governments who we simply assume are not lying to themselves.

3 Likes

In the next 10 years??? Hah! I’m expecting that in less than 2 years. And it WILL be ugly.

1 Like

… or shockingly observed in one’s toilet bowl after a diarrhetic detonation.

3 Likes

No shit!

1 Like

Unfortunately there are a quite a few more than that.

2 Likes

I’d buy one.

1 Like

Were I an editor of a major corporate media outlet, every story like this would come with a caveat: Donnie has polled over 50% only momentarily in outlier polls and therefore, statistically speaking, has never had majority support.
Meanwhile, great watching Unhinged Donnie twist slowly in the wind as Tricky Dick Nixon once said under somewhat different circumstances. Better: No way Donnie is either getting convicted of impeachment in the Senate or resigning before the election.

That is one of the more frustrating things about the coverage of his approvals. Every new poll is his lowest or highest ever, even where it’s not close to either. We hear up and down, usually at the same time, for every bit of noise. Often from with in the margin of error changes for low quality polls with huge margins. And seldom does anyone place them in context.

Trump’s approvals are abysmal and always have been. Not only has he never approached majority approval. He’s never gotten closer than a few points to his election results. Which also weren’t a majority and below Hillary’s margin in the popular vote.

At no point has his support been a majority, and by most metrics it’s gone down since he was elected.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.