Trump asked about busing, announces new plan coming in four weeks

What Would Charles C. Parker Do?

George C. Parker (March 16, 1860[1] – 1936) was an American con man best known for his surprisingly successful attempts to “sell” the Brooklyn Bridge.

4 Likes

Parker was successful. Trump loses millions of dollars a year. No american bank will lend to him.

7 Likes

no, he would threaten to nuke the mole people. they are gang bangers, and tunnel borers, and some of them are good people. but i can tell you, we will build an underground wall. and we will drive them away with buses.

6 Likes

Given the spat with Sadiq Khan I am guessing it would not be positive.

A hammer inside a velvet glove is that like counting your horses before making them drink?

6 Likes

Except Searle’s sexual, um, peccadilloes have finally caught up with him.

1 Like

Bowling Greek Massacre.

2 Likes

Then he’d talk about his golf courses, really beautiful courses that have created thousands of jobs, in Scotland, which is part of England, which some folks call Britain.

11 Likes

com-add-text

9 Likes

Mr Hamberda? A man who thinks “well done” is a suitable treatment for a steak? I suspect if you explained to him what salmon roe was, he’d be disgusted.

5 Likes

But don’t call him stupid.

4 Likes

Of course not. That would be an insult to stupid people.

6 Likes

What a wonderful – better – world it would be where the TV news would just run this moronic, imbecilic spew of BS and ignorance verbatim.
Of course, the establishment media are more interested in legitimatizing Donnie because that’s what’s good for business.
Still, what a sweet dream.
OTOH, when Old Joe – the establishment media’s choice for POTUS – gets elected and pulls the same kind of idiocy, the media will slime him like they should be sliming Trump. So we may yet get to see a proper response.

Just what the hell is he rambling on about?

A new way to get kids to school but also he can profit from? Clearly one answer:

13 Likes

I would really like to see the various news organizations follow up on his four week timetable, aggressively!

Keep working in the two approaches of hammer vs velvet glove.

Make sure that if he doesn’t deliver something “surprising” in four weeks he’ll be seen to have whiffed this.

1 Like

One of my favorite Texas stories. Thanks for posting this!

I moved [from out of state] to Austin in the early 1990s and it took me a while to realize that the folks who made Austin “weird” had parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents, and some of those ancestors were real out-of-the-box thinkers alright:

I’d like to think that Texas still retains a significant number of dreamers, eccentrics and fair-minded people who live around here, perhaps more quietly now. I come across people outside the Austin bubble where I would have never thought find progressive thinkers. They are out there–they are probably everywhere, it just takes some time to find them.

ETA: last paragraph; typos

6 Likes

Is he going to quit his job and become a school bus driver? (Tip: They probably drug-test applicants Don.)

8 Likes

Look at that face.

Did somebody make a boom boom?

6 Likes

Yes. and this is surprising, because this isn’t about something new. He certainly has a difficult time absorbing new knowledge, but this was a HUGE deal back in the 70s. His core beliefs (immigration and trade deals are bad) seem to have been formed them.
Edited to add. I guess unlike economic issues he just didn’t care about social issues until he realized that they could get him elected.

4 Likes

In my personal experience, yes. Yet woefully underweighted in the population/humanities ratio.

2 Likes