Trump asked about busing, announces new plan coming in four weeks

Everyone’s always saying Trump is illiterate, but I’m beginning to wonder if he also never fully learned to speak English, and has been faking it this whole time using words and phrases he’s overheard in the past, with only the faintest comprehension of what he’s saying or being told. It would explain so much.

17 Likes

He is Searle’s Chinese Room, personified

21 Likes

I hear that Fredrick Douglass is working on some sort of new flying bus design, along with some of the best people.

12 Likes

Ah yes, operation codename “frizzle”.

10 Likes

I guess we’ll have to wait four weeks to find out, won’t we?

9 Likes

Spy Magazine once asked incoming Congress their thoughts on the situation in Freedonia…
https://books.google.com/books?id=dInX4BRTlQ8C&pg=PA69#v=onepage&q&f=false

14 Likes

Are we sure he’s not three halflings in a trench coat just trying to fake it? It’d explain the tailoring and the tie, at least. And the diet, halflings would totally eat fast food all day long.

11 Likes

Honestly, I’ve not been sure whether he’s fully sentient for a while now. Cognitively, he often seems not quite human.

His campaign strategy was that of a dumb AI - try random things, pick the one with the most positive feedback, do random variations, repeat. That was one of the few times he’s shown anything like intelligence.

When Trump promises something in “a few weeks,” it’s Trump-speak for “I’ll never do it.” I’m guessing “four weeks” is “I’ll never do it and hope you forget about it before then.”

12 Likes
10 Likes

giphy

I love that movie!

@DonatellaNobody: I never heard of that one-- good catch! But I think Spy was referring to…

:wink:

22 Likes

Oh, I know they were. I got the reference. I just felt like dropping a little unsolicited historical knowledge :wink:

18 Likes
7 Likes

… você usaria isso contra mim?

No, it doesn’t work in Portuguese

4 weeks to Make America SCSI 2.

5 Likes

You know, there aren’t that many ways you’re going to get across a river.

10 Likes

Awesome! :smile:

5 Likes

For foreigners and young people who might not know what this is about

Anyway this controversy is basically Harris and Biden arguing about some shit Biden said a long long time ago. It’s not really about busing, it’s about whether Biden is a racist. If Trump had any idea what he was being asked about, he would gleefully have said “Biden is a racist” but he doesn’t.

36 Likes

Oooh…can this turn into a Spy magazine nostalgia thread? My favorite - took forever to find online but bookmarked when I did.
Very funny made-up very long compound German words.

‘Germans give voice to their nameless dread’.

https://books.google.com/books?id=RP0KUMW09m0C&pg=PA25&dq=German+words&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQ2o3jnZDjAhVgFjQIHel4DkEQ6AEIKzAB#v=onepage&q=German%20words&f=false

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Trump knows what salmon roe is.

I don’t believe he is, but I easily believe he is comfortable with compromising with racists, and in treating racism like just another point of view among many.

15 Likes