Trump asks Russia to conduct espionage against Hillary Clinton

9 Likes

And how could you not believe everything they release? They’d never put out disinformation.

Those kind of shenanigans wouldn’t ever occur to the former head of the KBG.

2 Likes

Coming to a theater near you this summer: The Trumpchurian Candidate.

3 Likes

Well yes, the KBG performing espionage is by definition a national security issue. Targeting our candidates and political parties isn’t something they’re doing to better our national interests.

8 Likes

I can understand the error, but the KGB is long gone, or at least those initials are gone. It’s now the FSB, who work out of the same Lubyanka building as the old KGB. Or it could also be the GRU, their other intelligence division (like we have both CIA and NSA)-- I am never sure which agencies have jurisdiction over what, they’re all just spies to me.

5 Likes

I’m still worried about THRUSH…

4 Likes

And SPECTRE.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Why do we allow Trump on the ballot? Shouldn’t there be an agency that screens these people? If he wins, President Obama should declare martial law and refuse to give up the office. This is a democracy after all and we can’t have an Erdogan here like Trump would be. We have to safeguard democracy and make sure our votes count. Trump is a fascist. Dump Drumpf. This electoral college is bullshit. It should be only popular vote. Is Trump a Russian agent? Is he in Putin’s pocket? Do truth serums work, maybe we could find out if Trump would tell the truth instead of lies.

2 Likes

So we’re at that point where you can no longer tell if the New Trump Outrage is something Trump has actually said or something The Onion has concocted.

Perhaps we passed that point many months ago.

America, if you elect him, I’m going to be very cross with you…

6 Likes

This man deserves the presidency like Kissinger deserved the Nobel Peace Prize.

The precedent makes your simile unfortunate.

5 Likes

да мы можем

1 Like

cute.  

My first Trump internet ad. It’s it great? Just look at it - I mean, it’s a great thing. I know the guy that made it, and he’s a fantastic guy. Let me just say this, he’s great, believe me.

1 Like

Funny, a couple of generations ago, he’d soon be talking to this guy… [McCarthy and Coen]

…and the circle is complete.

1 Like

As usual, the Trump crowd is showing their complete lack of nuance by crying, “She admitted her emails were a national security issue!!”

The national security issue is a guy, who supposedly wants to be president, seeking the aid of foreign powers to commit crimes against another candidate.

Is it treason? Probably not, still it’s like showing up at the Corleone’s house and saying, “You know, it’d be a real shame if the guy who’s trying to muscle in on my business? Yeah, it’d be a real shame if his house burned down. Though, you know, your cut of my business, Don Corleone, it’d probably be a lot sweeter if such a shameful thing were to happen. I’m just sayin’.”

4 Likes

It’s espionage regardless of whether you find anything useful.

5 Likes

Your doubt is misplaced. Or do you think that breaking into a server owned by Raytheon or Lockheed Martin could not count as espionage?

5 Likes

Where is it legally defined that “enemy” means “opponent in a declared war?” If you sent material aid to the USSR or Vietcong or DPRK I’m pretty sure that would be considered treasonous.

2 Likes

I think you’re right but the problem is that I don’t think it’ll have the intended effect on the target audience. The audience are Trump voters. The average Trump voters intelligence/attention span isn’t high enough to get all the contradictions, lies and deceptions she’s going to uncover and use against him. He’ll just brush it off and distract his voters slobbering with nationalism by starting another “USA USA USA” chant.

4 Likes