Trump blabbed about response to North Korean missile launch in the Mar A Lago dining room while diners listened in

So, when does Trump lose his security clearance?

24 Likes

I’m kind of hoping they made up a whole new level just for him. Red-XK-47 level, information the President is allowed to see. Anything else is need-to-know.

11 Likes

So this story gets worse. He is carrying around his that old vulnerable Samsung S3 and he used the flashlight to read the documents… so he was pointing what could be a powned camera at sensitive documents in public.

There are not enough facepalms. BUT HER EMAILS!

38 Likes

He kinda is …

15 Likes

On the other hand, it’s a great opportunity for smaller countries to get some intel.

I remember hearing during Gulf War I, Iraqi intelligence had spies working at pizza joints in the Pentagon’s delivery area. They knew if the Pentagon ordered 200 pizzas something big was going down.

Supposedly there’s a rule now that in such scenarios, staffers must brown bag it.

A foreign spy could do worse than to polish up their American accent and get a job as a Mar-a-Lago waiter.

16 Likes

I don’t even…“Rick”, let’s all meet “Rick”. J.F.C on steroids. It’s…the incompetence…it’s staggering.

12 Likes

No American accent needed… Drumpf likes to hire foreigners at his Private Pork Palace.
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/business/trump-again-hires-foreign-workers-for-mar-lago-little-change-pay/NtHozFcFMZXQWVkErxSdhM/

Edit: From TFA

As of October, Palm Beach County’s labor market included 35,766 job seekers who were officially unemployed.
14 Likes

How is it not considered self-enrichment to host foreign leaders at his own private resort? Is taxpayer money being used to pay for this? What about all of the free advertising? There’s a reason Camp David is a thing, but I guess it’s too low-rent for Trump’s tastes.

23 Likes

I’m pretty sure that being at Mar-a-Lago only gets you about a 45-60 minute lead on any news. You know that if anything really big comes up, Trump’s not going to be able to stop himself tweeting about it for more than an hour.

“Kim Jong-Un has no idea that US forces are poised to invade his country. Sad.”

17 Likes

“It may not be illegal for the president to receive a sensitive security briefing about an enemy missile-launch in a public space surrounded by unvetted third parties, but if so, that’s because no one ever dreamed that someone would be stupid enough to do so.”

Um. There was a brief point in my life where I had fairly advanced security clearance in the UK Civil Service. I was told repeatedly and at length that discussing anything sensitive while people who didn’t have similar clearance could overhear it would result in my immediate dismissal and probable arrest. Does the US really not have similar laws on the books?

18 Likes

They do, but the executive branch has the authority to classify/declassify information; and I’m not sure those laws would apply to the so-called president (or to an actual President).

8 Likes

“Top of the world, Ma!”

7 Likes

I can’t imagine there aren’t laws for this, but who is going to enforce them? There’s been so many examples lately of laws being broken but with authority to act landing on the President or his staff, nothing will come of it. For instance, Conway’s plugging of Ivanka Trump was clearly a breach of ethics, but only the White House can actually bring charges. See the problem here?

It’s funny – I’ve worked in the tech industry for almost my entire adult life and every place I’ve worked not only makes me sign an NDA, but I’ve been informed in no uncertain term to strongly avoid discussing work matters in public places. The risk of an outsider overhearing what you were saying was just too high to ignore. The penalties could include getting fired or civil charges. The stakes there were considerably lower than those of national security.

20 Likes

Brilliant strategy! Make the enemy believe you and your administration are utterly incompetent and then strike when they expose their flanks. It’s like watching Sun Tzu in real life: “mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy”.

(sarcasm, btw)

16 Likes

Where is the rage??? If this had been Obama the Republican’s would have declared war on the WH and there would have been tanks on the lawn.

18 Likes

Nero plays the fiddle.

5 Likes

They should have an isolation “tent” that gets set up in a room… Herr Drumpf is just too Low Energy and Lacking of Stamina that he cant be bothered to get up and go to it.

11 Likes

We are at the point where we could stick everybody’s name in a hat and draw names and that person gets to be president for a week and we would still be better off.

17 Likes

“When president Trump is freelancing on foreign policy at his private restaurant, do we really know who else is listening?”

15 Likes

Maybe what we need is a civil service draft. Put everyone’s name in the hat. Design the system with loopholes that allow you to get out of it if you can solve certain classes of problems. Then find the people who solve those problems, and draft them to fill political positions.

6 Likes