Trump blabbed about response to North Korean missile launch in the Mar A Lago dining room while diners listened in

I think whatever nerve feels that kind of outrage has died from overstimulation. Trump’s entire campaign and political “career”—his whole life—has been an unbroken string of these moments. It’s a low-grade fever that never goes away. I still don’t get it, but nothing sticks to the Teflon Donald. Anyone else living his life, saying the things he says, would be in 24-7 scandal mode.

8 Likes

I assume that blue tarp isn’t classy enough for the Cheetoh…

13 Likes

Be proud TGOP, be very proud of your very own dunce in the White-House.

10 Likes

There we go!

At least we need a law that if you run for president you need to be able to pass a 10’th grade civics test.

11 Likes

Don’t you know that blue clashes with orange?

11 Likes

What kind of crummy lighting does he have at that Mar A Blago place?

Oh right, they probably couldn’t find the light switch/dimmer.

13 Likes

That trend cannot continue unabated.

10 Likes
18 Likes

If those wedge salads were unfinished, there’s your crime!

4 Likes

Another thing I will probably never understand: How can anyone of any political party or persuasion not see how profoundly Trump differs from Obama? You can have sincere objections to Obama’s policies or philosophy. You might dislike the guy and believe he was a bad (or even a terrible!) president. But I don’t think you can argue he was incapable of being president. Of assimilating vast amounts of information, of considering the ramifications of his decisions, of conducting himself in an appropriate way. Of understanding something about the world and how it works and where his responsibilities lay.

But this Messy Baby.

This Messy Baby is so fundamentally unequipped that it would be hilarious if it weren’t so demoralizing and terrifying.

I know this is, of course, hardly a novel observation.

22 Likes

Don’t forget the live microphone.

“Okay Google!”

12 Likes

We go so far as to have our military people write, produce, and star in informational videos about things like OPSEC. And yes, that’s a squeaking mouse telling us about it at the end:

14 Likes

It is absolutely ILLEGAL to do what they did, as the Classified conversation did NOT take place in a SCIF (sensitive compartmented information facility). But they are doing many blatantly illegal things right now. But no, this shouldn’t be happening like this.

16 Likes

There’s basically one rule the president has to follow: Don’t make congress angry enough to impeach you. Until congress gets the nerve to stand up to him, he can enrich himself all he wants.

26 Likes

Somebody took a bribe at the govt agency where I worked. Soon after we ALL had to take a “Bribery Awareness Course.” We wondered ahead of time if it was, you know, teaching the best techniques or whatever.

7 Likes

This is not normal.

I’m getting that cold war paranoia and sense of dread of imminent nuclear annihilation that i always read about from people who grew up in that period. Frightening.

16 Likes

Cheetolini is the nuke package.

13 Likes

This is going to make such a fascinating documentary on The American Experience.

I can’t wait!

9 Likes

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you. . . .shocked that anyone would leak this to the press.

4 Likes

Except that might be the reboot the evolved cockroaches do 100 Million years from now.

5 Likes