Trump blames Obama and Biden for coronavirus, again, in stupid tweet

You know, I don’t seem to recall the swine flu epidemic to have killed over (checks notes) 80000 Americans in just under 3 months while overwhelming the healthcare system.

I remember it being a somewhat scary time but nothing like things are now. I also recall that Obama acted really swiftly - not like Trump who is dithering constantly while doing jack shit.

35 Likes

So I come here because in part I hate Donald Trump, and to a degree I try to escape from his stupidity.

I have never joined Twitter because I can’t stand short vapid commentary on the world from anyone much less this bloviating asshole who constantly lies the way others shit

And it seems as though every single tweet he makes now which is completely fucking crazy which is every tweet he makes is destined for the front page here anyway, so even though I purposely choose not to use or read Twitter, mainly because of this asshole if anything other than the fact that I hate the idea, I’m still subjected to it here.

CAN WE STOP LISTENING TO THIS LYING ASSHOLES EVERY TWEET, PLEASE?

Believe me I understand the need to call out lies on major topics but he never stops and the shit he keeps saying gets crazier and crazier can we just assume he’s completely insane and ignore him until he’s removed or at least more reasonably space his idiocy apart?

5 Likes

Yes, somehow I don’t remember Obama on Twitter 24/7 spreading misinformation.

8 Likes

Trump’s tweets are working exactly as they are supposed to.

1. It’s all anyone talks about.
  2. Then journalists write about how wrong he is.
  3. People like Boing Boing express their dismay, again and again.

Meanwhile, nobody talks about alternatives, other politicians, other policies, anything at all whatsoever. I have no idea what Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, AOC, fucking anybody said or did this weekend because all the bandwidth is taken up by Trump and parsing his latest brain fart.

I wish Boing Boing at least would take a few seconds, even once a day, to look at some other US politician. Sure talk about Trump, but also talk about the millions of other people who say and do things. Even just a little.

25 Likes

I don’t at all disagree with you, and yes, Twitter is an absolute cesspool of pointless, vapid observations and has largely been overtaken by the extreme Right…

However, Trumpty Dumpty is the presidon’t of the United States; leader of the free world, commander and chief of the largest economy and most advanced military in history… head of the free world! Guiding light of liberty! dry heaves And this person, given such immense power, bloviates and bleats on Twitter as if he is not supposed to be all of the titles I mentioned above. What he says is important, even though it’s always thoughtless, uneducated, misinformed and full of lies. But we can’t not look. We can’t not report/talk about what this man says. Looking away and ignoring him is deeply irresponsible and, to my mind, that sort of dismissiveness is the exact reason that living sack of hot wet garbage won the presidency in the first place.

We didn’t take his stupid seriously enough. We laughed away the lunacy and blatant racism and dog whistle politik… until it was way too late. Please trust and believe me when I say I go out of my way to NEVER have to see his hideous, hateful face or hear his grating voice, and I desperately scroll past his Tweets for the most part, but, like… we have to look. We have to pay attention, brain-meltingly painful as that may be.

9 Likes

Are you saying that Dear Leader is wrong!?!

Thanks, @sosumi

4 Likes

“I never thought I’d die from an infectious disease,” sobs person who voted for Let People Die from Infectious Disease Party.

20 Likes

So he’s just trying to distract us with an irrelevancy, then? (Unlike previously when he did blame Obama for his own COVID failures.) Although actually, the Obama administration’s response to that, especially compared to Trump’s response to COVID, really shows how much more competent Obama was. This example actually throws into sharp relief what a stark difference there is between the two, ironically.

You mean the swine flu hearings - that the Democrats spearheaded - which took place in April? Less than three months into Obama’s first term? “Over the past year” therefore would have been… before Obama took office, then. Nice quote ya got there, buddy. It is, indeed, quite illuminating.

He was completely wrong, and you’re also engaging in a rather disingenuous misrepresentation of the facts here in his defense. Which, I guess to be fair, is the only way one can defend the tangerine shitgibbon. So nice work, propaganda-bot 58124!

That terrible pandemic that Obama didn’t mishandle turned out, based on long-term study, to be no worse than the usual flu.

Oh man, it’s like the Obama administration was super-responsive to even potential pandemics, which makes the current administration look even worse in comparison! Maybe Trump should stop referencing Obama’s competency to try to distract from his utter incompetency.

Actually, no - let’s do the opposite. Let’s actually give each one the analysis it’s due. Because when you do that, you not only unveil his crude lies, but you realize the reality of the situations inevitably don’t remotely exonerate Trump, but instead make him look worse because everything is the opposite of what he claims it was. (See above.)

23 Likes

Trump is so fixated on people getting awards. I bet he’s angry that he won’t be getting his Nobel for the disinfectant injection idea.

10 Likes

I know you’re asking Herb, to point out how blazingly wrong he is.

But, for the records:

“From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.”

So less people died in one year than have died so far in the Month of MAY. Note that it is only May 10th.

People Dead by COVID19 in USA:
April 30th, 2020 = 66,600
May 10th, 2020 = 80,000
source - worldometer.info

In case math is hard for Herb - -

80,000-66,600= 13,400
13,400 > 12,500

12 Likes

If he insists, I will compare them

11 Likes

He wants more ice cream than anybody else, literally

It’s like he’s five years old

9 Likes

Compare that to the Obama/Sleepy Joe disaster known as H1N1

I just hope that Biden can keep his shit together and calmly call out and explain away Trump’s lies during debates and not let rage fluster him.

Assuming there are debates.

Assuming there is an election.

11 Likes

To be fair, that’s what @RandomDude is suggesting too.

4 Likes

It feels very important to me, not to allow Trump’s stupidity be the thing I react to.

Its a useful trait, to be sure. Getting people outraged is central to the plan. Blaming this one despicable individual for everything that’s gone wrong is what I am expected to do.

But it seems vitally important, especially now- never to forget tht he did not become president without serious help from Putin, the Koch brothers, and many other enemies who want me dead, and are smart enough to receive my hatred.

Don’t give him that power.

8 Likes

I don’t understand how that makes the tweets factually correct in any way. In 2009, we had GOP operatives shrieking about austerity and cutting government waste in the aftermath of the Great Recession. That some public health positions were axed is no surprise. That they were axed does not demonstrate that there was a negative effect in the H1N1 outbreak either. So please explain to me like I’m a slow but sweet child how your comment makes any sense.

11 Likes

That was Clinton’s plan four years ago and it didn’t seem to get her any electoral votes

What do we even remember about those debates?

Trump wandering around Clinton’s side of the stage and nobody stopping him

He was saying, I’m the big man, I do what I want, fuck you, and he got away with it

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump/Biden debates turn into literal fistfights

7 Likes

A figurative fistfight would be a strategy I would have encouraged for someone like Warren or Sanders. I just fear that Biden would be too easily flustered if he gets heated listening to Trump’s bullshit.

I take your point, though. Hopefully he’s being well prepped.

Ha! I’m just positing that there is a reason to do more than ignore his tweets as “lol, more Trump crazy bullshit.” They’re actually fairly consistently damaging to Trump if you examine the substance; the situation is almost always the opposite of what he says it is. So let us be fair - if Trump wants to attack himself with his tweets, let’s go along with it.

1 Like

Who exactly is giving Trump “great marks”? Did he get a report card? I think he’s just interpreting what the conservative pundits are saying about how great he is as “great marks.” Saying “My Yes Men are telling me I’m doing a great job” isnt exactly assuring.

7 Likes