Trump bullied his way into that "Home Alone 2" cameo, says film's director

I remember Doonesbury started featuring him, generally as he is, in 1987, but fairly sure I was aware of him as a pompous ass before then. I was in Upstate NY then, but we got the Sunday NYT, may have learned of him then. Thought of him as a venal self-important Gordon Gecko type, as long as I can recall.

1 Like

“Where is the lobby” is such a weird line. I mean everyone knows where the lobby is, He should have asked where is the washroom.

When I first visited New York, I knew who Trump was, but never thought to check out the lobby of the Plaza. I went to FAO Schwartz instead, thanks to Hanks.

Incidentally, I had read the one reason to visit Trump Tower was to check out the washrooms. It turned out to be popular advice, as I recall they were very busy. But kept very clean by foreign workers. As I never thought to say thanks at the time, I shall do so now. Thanks, foreign workers, for keeping the place clean.

I always assumed, from the line, that either Kevin had come in a side door, or the front desk wasn’t the “lobby” but set back from the entry, maybe to allow some small stores.

But none of that seems to happen the times after that when he goes in or out. He scowls at Tim Curry, he races to the elevator, and so on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.