Trump campaign manager arrested for grabbing a reporter, so he hired a lawyer fired for biting a stripper

sure, what my client did was wrong but you gotta admit when you compare him to me he comes off looking pretty good!

6 Likes

You are actually permitted to use the ā€œabsolute minimum force.ā€ So if open handed pushing is your first option, hot taking someoneā€™s arm and pulling.

And, as this was a public event and she was a reporter, trespass is a strawman to this argument.

8 Likes

I donā€™t know if that applies in this case. I was expecting to see a violent assault, but I was also confused as to what had actually occurred.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œBoundegar, post:10, topic:75814, full:trueā€]People who ā€œcanā€™t seeā€ the evidence of a crime are often those who would prefer not to see it, just as those of us who see it clearly might be people who loathe Trump and his minions already. What you see, and what I see, are immaterial. All that matters is what the judge sees. Everything else is gossip.
[/quote]

You guys know those strippers arenā€™t going to bite themselves without a lot of money.

3 Likes

@beschizza was there?

2 Likes

But havenā€™t we all been in that situation of being a lawyer who just had a sudden need to bite a stripper? Let him who is without sin among us cast the first aspersion.
(looks around)
Is it just me then?

OK, me neither. So far Iā€™ve avoided either being a lawyer or biting strippers.

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty sure ā€œYou are totally delusionalā€ is a little bit more than an insinuation.

Trumpā€™s campaign manager was arrested for grabbing a reporter, so he hired a lawyer fired for biting a stripper

ā€¦ and?

1 Like

Thanks, 'cause that GIF really clears up everything.

1 Like

Whatā€™s confusing me is that the assault seems to occur just before the appearance of the rectangle in the lower right, just above and to the left of it.

Okay, hereā€™s a still:

You can see that her left arm is being pulled backwards by Lewandowski. Who, at the time said "You are totally delusional. I never touched you. As a matter of fact, I have never even met you.ā€ when the video does show him touching her.

13 Likes

ā€¦and Trump support base grows by 20% ā€¦ and in other news stripper biting becomes an epidemic in the South and shows no sign of abatingā€¦

back to you America!

4 Likes

Back and to the left?

Are you sure that there wasnā€™t a second puller?

7 Likes

Briefly grabbing her arm is about the minimal force I can imagine, given their relative positions.

It was an event the public was invited to, but still private property. They do have the right to manage the crowd.

Law is not physics. Legal rules are generally ā€” not universally ā€” true. Legal rules are defined by exceptions.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I see your point. This situation appears to be one of those exceptions.

Punch all reporters!

1 Like

ā€œTrump campaign manager arrested for grabbing a reporter, so he hired aā€¦ā€

Makes breaking bad senseā€¦

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s probably a mistake.

We donā€™t have the statute, but, assuming your idea for the sake of argument, the perpetrator is not law enforcement and was policing a candidate for public office from journalists ā€” not a private residence against trespassers. The touching did occur and was not permitted.

The perpetrator gave a statement that contradicts other witness statements and digital evidence.

Law enforcement reviewed the evidence and determined there was probable cause to make an arrest.

Presumably the detective also consulted with the district attorney before making the final decision.

Did I misstate anything?

13 Likes