Trump can't even win 'worst President'

W Bush was easily worse than Trump.

There are still children in concentration camps at the border.

The liberals stopped giving a shit about them when Trump left.

1 Like

User name checks out.

1 Like

I think in hindsight I should have put an /s on that, but I also remember the arguments with people who insisted that Trump wasn’t fascist unless there were actual death camps (Which would mean that the actual Nazis weren’t fascists until the late 30s or early 40s).

The future will be even less kind to Trump than the present is.

4 Likes

Trump referred to those people as “the swamp”. It worked, once.

It’s actually not fair including William Henry Harrison. If I died on the job one month in I would hope my boss wouldn’t bother with a performance review.

3 Likes

Overall Performance: Unsatisfactory
Reason: Died on the job

7 Likes

It does give a good baseline for “I hope you do better than this” though. I think we would all agree that Trump would have been a better president if he’d only managed four weeks. Pence would have a better reputation than Trump, but better would not mean good in this case. The ranking seems to reward quietly competent evil over incompetence of any kind.

Also, if we were to leave William Henry Harrison off, do we also leave James A. Garfield off too? Zachary Taylor? Warren G. Harding? JFK? Gerald Ford? Where is the cut off line?

5 Likes

That’s enough to put him nearly at the bottom of the list, though. How about we not glorify people who are “driven” or “capable” when they do shitty things like try and let a civil war go without any real punishment? That’s enough I’d argue. He was a bad president, arguably, on par with Trump. Who cares that he was a “loving father” when he was literally okay with letting enslavers right back into government to reinstate slavery in all but name!

Hitler was nice to dogs and was a vegetarian, but he also killed millions of people for no reason! One most certainly does not negate the other.

8 Likes

Being a punk historian is waaaaaaayyyy cooler than being an ‘old white dude who was in charge of stuff’ historian for sure.

4 Likes

Maybe, but those old white dudes get jobs and then get to write about stuff like punk that some of us have been working on for decades… :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

That is true. Still tho, they are not, and never will be, Punk Historians. That’s you, that is.

7 Likes

I saw this survey go by in the paper the other day. It said Grant had recently been reassessed and there’s somewhat of a consensus that he wasn’t as bad as we thought l. That’s about as specific as it got-- what it didn’t say is whether he simply improves by comparison to who came later…

1 Like

john-goodman-oh-you-stop

7 Likes

Speaking of presidents who ignored then mismanaged an epidemic, yeah, Saint Ronnie is rated way too high.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.