Trump can't stop lying about Cuba, or threatening the truth-tellers who expose him

There has already been three:

1. Spanish-American war. I supposed it did improve the situation, although “renting” Guantanamo at gunpoint wasn’t nice.
  2. Castro started his revolution with a boatload of men from USA using money collected in USA. Kind of mixed result by replacing one dictator with another.
  3. Bay of Pigs. Total fiasco. Che Guevara even thanked a US diplomat afterwards for bungling so the revolution got stronger and got an excuse to remove the moderates that had been part of the coalition that deposed Batista.

Yes, I’m aware of that, hence the highly sarcastic post aimed at the person who couldn’t even be bothered to reply to the right person.
I got a rundown on Cuban history from an East German engineer I once worked with. He had been sent out there to try and fix a factory that wasn’t working. His view was that if the CIA couldn’t defeat the Cubans, then the CIA was even more incompetent than his own government believed. And that was very incompetent indeed. John Le Carré’s The Russia House seems to have been based on inside knowledge.

3 Likes

Hey, don’t insult Sciento . . . . wait. What?

6 Likes

Communist Russia used to have a system that conservatives were afraid would steal their money. Screw liberty and freedom; that’s all they were really worried about. Now Russia has a system where the rich and powerful are the ones doing the stealing. Conservatives can respect that.

8 Likes

I like your metaphor but can’t share your feelings about non-metaphorical nuts.

#Bunga bunga!

2 Likes

Um, there’s a world of difference between “supporting the Cuban revolution” and “opposing a US invasion of Cuba.”

3 Likes

The true tell is that Trump always has the evangelical vote, and at no time has it waivered.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hi digitalArtform!

I’m a bot. Your screenplay is currently being processed by our neural network. I’ll PM you when it’s complete.

If you click publish, you’ll receive the standard base percentage of any potential returns (as is included in the details of your free-level subscription) and concept credit.

If you make any modifications before publishing, you can click “review edits” to see if you qualify for a higher potential commission and/or co-writer credit.

All submissions remain property of Screen Magic Corporation in perpetuity. Do not attempt to publish our ideas elsewhere.

3 Likes

The hardcore Miamians will never forgive Clinton for Hermanos al Rescate and Elian, so Trump gets a pass.

I wouldn’t expect them to vote for Clinton, but I wonder if Trump’s hypocrisy on Cuba will keep some of them home.

1 Like

One would suspect they will be angrier about a stab in the back than a slap in the face.

They get stabbed in the back by Republicans constantly. While it’s still not a complete monoculture, the exile community has a disproportionate sense of who has done them true wrong.

Hard-liners and the talk radio crowd don’t seem to be making a big deal.

Seems that more than that, they’re studiously avoiding the whole issue. I find that surprising: you’d think they’d find their pro-Trump spin and hammer Clinton for her anti-embargo stance. That they are avoiding it almost entirely suggests to me that a hard line on the embargo is just not a winning position anymore (as some of the people quoted in the article say).

Some of the conservatives quoted accuse Clinton of hypocrisy: on the one hand she wants to repeal the embargo, on the other she’s criticizing Trump for having violated it. That is mildly hypocritical on some level, but ultimately it’s fair to criticize a guy who ostensibly obeys all the laws for breaking one that’s still in force – even if you believe it should be repealed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.