Trump chose a thin-skinned, blowhard ignoramus as ambassador to Germany, and now no one will talk to him except Nazis

They did the same here in the Netherlands, Pete Hoekstra is a fucking idiot who announced himself upon arrival by immediately lying so hard 45 would be proud of him. It’s a pattern.

22 Likes

That sounds a lot like Austria. I always thought of you guys as a bit more straightforward.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a video of your media being not at all deferential in asking him pointed questions with follow-up that he wasn’t used to for his nonsense answers? IIRC it was fun to watch.

9 Likes

See, that’s the problem with comparing to Trump to anything- someone always has a reason why even the most unappealing critters are more deserving of respect than he is.

I think the last time I made this mistake, a consensus emerged that lampreys are universally reviled. Edited.

18 Likes

Some people say “the Dutch” in here but I’m hoping that’s just for comedic purposes.
I’m English so I hate the French; if you don’t then you don’t get your Tea & Biscuit ration, so really my hands are tied…

21 Likes

Reminds me of how I would gratuitously mention Cardinal Richelieu just to see my English friends spit.

As an American living in Munich, I have been dreading next year when I have to renew my passport. I realise the staff doesn’t reflect the idiot ambassador, and a consulate as a satellite may be even more removed, but I am known as a member of Democrats Abroad and an outspoken Trump critic. Scheiss Arschgesicht von ein Botschafter, möge er einsam und ungeliebt sein für den Rest seines Lebens.

12 Likes

Yes. Use the facehugger from Alien instead.

12 Likes

This is only evil if it reminds said English person of the theme to “Dogtanian”, an earworm of hateful proportion.

9 Likes

As an American I’m not allowed to hate anyone anymore; Dolt 45 has spewed so much bile on everyone and everything that we normal folks have to be on our best behavior at all times.

As for the French, maybe you could compromise and hate the Belgians? They’re sort of near the Dutch.

Alternatively, you could confuse the Dutch with the Danes. I’ve been known to do that and I gather it annoys them both…

Or we could sidestep the whole thing and just hate Republicans. They deserve it, and the Dutch have never done anything to me. Lampreys either, for that matter.

19 Likes
10 Likes

And probably everyone else.

4 Likes
1 Like

Your Mileage May Vary, as they say :wink:

2 Likes

You had to give me ideas, didn’t you?

No, no I shan’t be that cruel. I may be an American, but I am also a…
a…
aw, fuck it.

This is all your fault, you realise. Goading me like that, awaking the inner arse that slumbers in every Yankee. Aieeee!

Editing to add that I once played the Comte de Rochefort in an open air production

5 Likes

I was going to add a warning, but I think you’ve learned a lesson all by yourself. My condolences.
In the Game of Earworms there are No Winners.

2 Likes

I can never unhear that, can I?

4 Likes

The doll’s Bellamy salute is a nice touch.

2 Likes

100-bellamy-oh-okay

1 Like

Speaking of reactionary, embarrassing ambassadors who alienate their host countries, whatever happened to Trump’s ambassador to the Netherlands?

While reading this post, for a second I got the two ambassadors mixed up, but that was silly of me - I’m sure there are plenty more like them in embassadorial roles in this administration. I think Trump considers it a feature, not a bug.

2 Likes

Only the best and the brightest from Trump.

2 Likes