Trump claims victory based on lawn signs, says votes unnecessary —"We don't need the votes. I have so many votes."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/25/trump-claims-victory-based-on-lawn-signs-says-votes-unnecessary-we-dont-need-the-votes-i-have-so-many-votes.html

4 Likes

But…

Are these the best votes?

40 Likes

Votes like no one has seen before. Or ever will.

33 Likes

The bigliest votes…

19 Likes

28 Likes

You heard him, Trump voters-to-be. He specifically stated “we don’t need the votes.” so you can stay home on Election Day.

43 Likes

What a stupid arsehole he is. Maybe he’s saying it to appeal to Thiel and Sacks and Musk, all of whom hate democracy.

14 Likes

He’s going to rely on RNC dirty tricks, gerrymanders, corrupt poll watchers/intimidators, “justices”, and lawyers to try to cheat it away from us.

21 Likes

Hey, who are we to tell him otherwise?!

Think Big Brain GIF

7 Likes

“We have lawyers at every poll booth.”

Jokes on you buddy, I’m voting my mail.

And that’s a lot of lawyers.

14 Likes

Yeah, what is he trying to say here?

8 Likes

Are these lawyers aware that this will be pro bono?

19 Likes

I wonder… If He says He has votes, why does He say He don’t need votes?

8 Likes

He is offering exposure as payment…

9 Likes

Uh, yeah.
Just ask these lawyers:

1. Was it the kind of exposure you were promised/seeking?
  2. How did that work out for you?

The list includes:

• Rudy Giuliani
  • Michael Cohen
  • John Eastman
  • Sidney Powell
  • Kenneth Chesebro
  • (Several others that I may have missed.)
18 Likes

I can’t say I’ve seen any political signs, which I conclude means that no one is voting.

9 Likes

People are saying… big strong men come up to me, tears in their eyes and they say, ‘Sir! You have the best and biggest votes. No one has votes like you sir!’ Because it’s true. So very true.

‘Let me tell you something, folks, nobody knows more about votes than I do. I’ve won a lot of votes, more than anyone ever thought possible. So many votes, in fact I have so many votes that I don’t need anyone to vote for me ever again.’

18 Likes

I think Harris’ candidacy is really getting to him, and the enthusiastic reception she’s been getting.

I know what he is trying to say: that he has more enthusiasm behind him than Harris because he sees his lawn signs everywhere, and no Harris signs (because, duh!, she hasn’t even been formally confirmed as the Democratic Party candidate yet).

But his rallies are lackluster and shrinking, and his strategy of relying on tepid enthusiasm for Biden has been scuttled. Relying on voter suppression, gerrymandering, and dirty tricks really only works for relatively close races, especially now that the USSC has given Biden the go ahead to personally instruct the Justice Department to investigate election malfeasance.

Finally, he and the RNC are coming to the realization that personal attacks that worked in the 90s (sad, childless cat lady; seriously?) are backfiring when applied to Harris. And she’s actually charismatic!!

This is his nightmare come true: an opponent more popular than him who flipped the script so completely he is being forced to play defense instead of controlling the narrative.

I am loving Harris’ campaign, which isn’t even one week old!

20 Likes

He knows he may well lose again, but rather than admitting he’s a continual loser, he is establishing his bonafides as an aggrieved party who was cheated. He is doing this partly to protect himself from other Republicans who would challenge him for leadership. “But I didn’t lose, I was cheated twice! And betrayed by dem-loving RINOs like Pence. If someone else runs on the Republican ticket, the Democrats will do the same to them. If you oppose me, you must be in cahoots with the Dems!”

7 Likes

In my very red county, if we’re going by signs, fentanyl is winning.

I gotta get a picture but we have houses with giant signs warning us that fentanyl is coming from the border and something something trump.

The party of personal responsibility is really having a hard time with fentanyl.

16 Likes