Trump commands anyone who is not a "Christian conservative" to identify themselves

White nativism is also, at least as much.

15 Likes

It is more than that, though. They like the racism, the aggressiveness, the fact that he’s a bully (because they see him as a bully in their corner), (are at least fine with) the misogyny, etc.

7 Likes

Because they know that under him they’ll see Conservative judges appointed to the Supreme Court:

It’s not so much that they’re voting for a 4/8-year President, but a lifelong justice.

15 Likes

What’s a little nuclear war if we can stop the babby killing abortionologists amirite?

/s

24 Likes

Talk about literally throwing the baby out with the bath water…

8 Likes

He lacks ALL tacts.

6 Likes

Yes, he’s for sale, but he doesn’t reliably stay bought. His word and his promises are worthless. I don’t understand why anybody thinks that he’s likely to do any of the things that he has promised.

12 Likes

Christian Conservatives are just conservatives who happen to call themselves Christian. Conservatives first … Christians second, if at all.

16 Likes

I happened to sit next to a guy who works for the border patrol on the plane last week. He said if Trump wins, he most definitely will build that wall.

1 Like

Trump is barely Christian himself – at best he’s a C&E Christian.

3 Likes

That’s not necessarily why people are supporting him. They just want to feel that, for once, their vote actually matters and that it isn’t an establishment stitch-up. It worked brilliantly in the primary season; now we have to see if it carries through. We had a similar thing here in the UK in the EU referendum. Both the US and the UK have seriously broken electoral systems that were terrific when they were originally designed three centuries or so ago but are unfit for purpose now. I feel a little sorry for Clinton because she’s going to get caught in the maelstrom, and the result may be alarmingly close which is bad news for the establishment on both sides.

3 Likes

Should we keep them in the room? Yes? I think so.”

6 Likes

He lacks all tacts returns.

22 Likes

He’s got more than this to worry about:

1 Like

The ones I know find him disgusting for a variety of reasons.

The old ones seem to be split between holding their noses and sticking with the party, or abstaining from voting. Abstinence is at least a word they are comfortable with.

The young ones seem more likely to say “fuck it, I’m voting for Johnson.”

1 Like

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to
Go to the show

9 Likes

I know someone that seems to agree with you.

3 Likes

Yeah, but no one’s really sure what religion that guy represents. Everywhere I go, I get people asking if he’s Catholic.

7 Likes

“What you’re implying is that something else is missing too. I have yuuuge tact. There’s no problem there, believe me.”

4 Likes

Jesus H Christ.
I find myself muttering that quite a a lot lately.

3 Likes