Trump complains Puerto Ricans "want everything to be done for them"

4 Likes

Over here that would mean something a bit different.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: with his know-nothing loose-talk racist blather, Trump is identical to his own typical voter. It’s perfect closure between constituent and representative.

4 Likes

you really think he’ll last that long?

1 Like

FWIW, They™ say it takes an average of seven tries to leave an abuser.

7 Likes

Trump does have a history of dissing Diet Coke but we also have photographic proof that he drinks it. Until someone proves otherwise I’m assuming every press of that button brings him an ice-cold glass of hypocrisy.

4 Likes

Completely agree. However, he clearly demonstrates a fundamental lack of empathy for POC in addition to glorifying systems, principles and institutions that are, to their core, intentionally racist. He couldn’t give a shit whether someone whose positive opinion of him he deems pertinent is a POC, but every other POC seems to be a multifarious burden with no value to him directly or his agenda. Whether active or not, this is the definition of institutional, cultural racism. Even if we have to parse the language a bit, he’s still a fucking racist piece of trash.

14 Likes

He’d still want them to pay their debts until the pips squeak. It’s traditional in the Caribbean. When Haiti revolted and beat two French armies to gain freedom from slavery, they were forced to pay staggering reparations, including recompense for the loss of valuable property. (i.e. themselves.) They were paying until 1947.

13 Likes

To be fair, Donald Trump wrote, “I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke,” which is probably true for Donald Trump. As we see in the photo, that’s not a thin person. It’s a fat sack of shit.

11 Likes

They’re a prominent portion of the bloc that PM May formed after the disastrous referendum, no?

I like that tweet, but I really like this one:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

19 Likes

3 Likes

Remember how John McCain was ACTUALLY NOT BORN IN AMERICA? And everybody knew this? And it was so unimportant that nobody even remembers now?

Remember how Donald Trump DEMANDED to see Obama’s “long form birth certificate”? And Obama had to present the hard copy at a press conference? That actually happened.

If a man uses racism to promote himself then he’s a racist.

31 Likes

Our Rotary was collecting for them in town this morning. We’re a lot further from them than is Trump.

2 Likes

Really there isn’t much difference between the typical member of the Orange Order and Trump, and I’m not even going to find out how their use of Twitter varies from his because frankly they make me sick and I can do without it.
But if Trump ever wants to imitate the Roman Emperors even further and surround himself with a Praetorian Guard who are foreigners and so won’t side with the inhabitants of Rome/Washington, the Orange Order, loudmouthed, wilfully ignorant lily white Protestant male chauvinist pig* supremacists, would do as well as anybody.

*Ignore that they have women members, official doctrine is that women must obey their husbands because someone called Saul of Tarsus said so.

3 Likes

If there was such a thing as a Turing Test for racism then Trump would pass with flying colors. We cannot know another person’s heart, but we can know them by their words and actions.

14 Likes

He knows his racism works automatically with his more obvious base… and he’s banking on the people who think they’re not racist but still negatively gut react when the situations involve brown people and those with accents.

6 Likes

As I’ve just learned from skimming the Wikipedia entry, relations between the DUP and the Orange Order haven’t always been warm. (And you’re confusing the Brexit referendum, which took place last year, with the 2017 General Election, which Theresa May called with the expectation of securing a personal mandate, increasing the Conservative majority and gaining leverage in the negotiations by showing that the British people had confirmed their desire to leave the EU.)

The Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) attracted the most seats in an election for the first time in 2003. DUP leader Ian Paisley had been clashing with the Order since 1951, when the Order banned members of Paisley’s Free Presbyterian Church from acting as Orange chaplains and later, from the 1970s, when it openly endorsed the UUP against the DUP.[49][70] Recently, however, Orangemen have begun voting for the DUP in large numbers due to their opposition to the Good Friday Agreement.[71] Relations between the DUP and Order have healed greatly since 2001, and there are now a number of high-profile Orangemen who are DUP MPs and strategists.

Trump is donating $3 million of own money to Puerto Rico! /s

Except:

• It’s not his own money, it’s from his inaugural committee and they have to get rid of it.
  • It’s going to three relief groups who, after overhead, will split between Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico. Somehow I doubt Puerto Rico will be getting the lion’s share of that
10 Likes

No, that’s what I meant. I guess I should have been clear for whom that particular referendum was disastrous.