Trump crony Roger Stone arrested

I’m confident Mueller intends to leave no stone unturned.

31 Likes

"Roger Stone arrested"

tenor%20(12)

24 Likes

This is what Roger Stone had to say about his indictment on Twitter

https://www.twitter.com/rogerjstonejr

9 Likes

“Account suspended” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: If only @ realDonladTrump returned the same message. I do love the desperate nature of Donald’s twitter address.

11 Likes

via WaPo:

On multiple occasions, including on or about December 1, 2017, STONE told Person 2 that Person 2 should do a “Frank Pentangeli” before HPSCI in order to avoid contradicting STONE’s testimony. Frank Pentangeli is a character in the film The Godfather: Part II, which both STONE and Person 2 had discussed, who testifies before a congressional committee and in that testimony claims not to know critical information that he does in fact know.

The clause “which both STONE and Person 2 had discussed,” is key, because it suggests both of them were familiar with exactly what the character had done.

For those unfamiliar:

Itza justa bizznezza

15 Likes
15 Likes
51 Likes

The reporter can barely contain his delight, and it’s not just because he got a little scoop. Stone is that loathsome.

23 Likes

Amazing.

A Nixon acolyte uses The Godfather as an advice manual for how to convince people that a presidential candidate wasn’t part of a criminal conspiracy.

History is eating its own tail, pooping out the tail as Roger Stone, and eating it again.

24 Likes

11 Likes

Somebody needs to recreate the Godfather death scene where an orange trump sticks an orange slice hamberder in his mouth, smiles, chases around a child in Michelle’s garden and then just keels over.

Fade to worms.

7 Likes

“Never really noticed the trouble I was in before my life went dim.” - Dada

3 Likes

He was a bit vague about how they happened to be there when the FBI showed up. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

In case anyone is wondering (as I was) whether this one is (finally) a Big Feckin Deal, the BBC put it pretty succinctly:

The move marks a significant development in this nearly two-year legal drama. For the first time a member of Mr Trump’s inner circle, albeit an informal one, is facing charges directly related to Russian election meddling – the central thrust of the special counsel’s investigation.

Maybe we’ll finally see some of that Nixonian flop sweat streaming down Trump’s mug.

19 Likes

It makes me think that it’s inevitable that in the year 2051, a US Vice President will be overheard saying, “Why’d you have to do me like Lando?” as they’re frog-marched by the FBI through the Rose Garden.

3 Likes

Libel! Roger Stone has been a professional hack since Nixon was in office.

6 Likes

“The charges brought against Mr. Stone have nothing to do with the president, nothing to do with the White House,” Sanders said on CNN.

Because he’s not a crook Sarah?

7 Likes

Donald

18 Likes

I nearly didn’t click through because I felt like I just wasn’t going to be able to take it. I am glad I bit the bullet.

It’s weird how much I hate Stone and how much I revel in his arrest. I swear I won’t be this happy when they arrest Trump. But for some reason Stone is the one that I most desperate want to see get comeuppance. I barely even know anything about him.

Is that a “Sorry, Stone, you’re on your own” from Ms. Huckabee Sanders?

(I’m a poet and I didn’t know it)

23 Likes

There’s an awful lot of awful white guys getting arrested these days.

4 Likes