Trump crony Roger Stone arrested

[Another One Bites the Dust] (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE)
(If anyone wants to tell me how to embed youtube clips it would be appreciated)

1 Like

Thanks for this. Nice to know he was perp-walked in his PJs. Too bad they shooed off the cameras first.

7 Likes

10 Likes

13 Likes

i must know where i can get one of these candles.

also, TIL that roger stone has a nixon tattoo on his back. how fitting.

7 Likes

I just realized that Roger Stone using a Godfather reference also ensures that any future juror, lawyer, judge, will unavoidably have to watch The Godfather II to get context for the reference.

They will all have the movie fresh in their mind while they’re reviewing everything else. :chef’s_kiss

15 Likes

Just putting the address on the page, without parentheses, should embed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

(I used to have trouble with that too. This BBS uses Markdown, so a quick Google can turn up all kinds of neat tricks. :wink: )

4 Likes

It’ll also influence any judge’s decision regarding the bail amount. Judges tend to be a wee bit suspicious of people who approvingly cite gangster movies as part of plotting out their alleged crimes.

10 Likes

I’m gobsmacked by this language. Next thing Pentangeli does is off himself by slipping into a warm bath and slitting his wrists. Nice storyline to be evoking there, Rogelio.

4 Likes

Ugh, can we please not?

17 Likes

A nice trump crime family score card:

18 Likes

I don’t want to make predictions, but I’d be surprised if they let him walk around for awhile. They might look at the Manafort bail shenanigans and convince a judge of the obvious opportunities for testimony massaging and co-ordinating. Especially as one of Stone’s charges is literally witness tampering.

Or maybe they’ll say they can’t afford bail condition monitors because of the government shutdown?

15 Likes

6 Likes

27 Likes

Sorry, but I prefer to call it what it is rather than jokes about bubba or “dropping the soap”.

True. Putting aside the Godfather stuff, Stone has spent 50 years bragging in public about what a slippery ratf*cker he is. Manafort looked like a choirboy in contrast, and look what he tried to pull after he got bailed out.

That would be delicious.

14 Likes

It’s not calling it what it is that’s the problem. It’s joking about it. Which you done did.

Now then, back to happy mutant celebration of some apparently good news!

skanking-3

17 Likes

“According to a person with direct knowledge of the manner, one of the senior officials who reached out to Stone was Steve Bannon, who served as CEO of the Trump campaign during the election’s final stages.”

19 Likes

Now I have images of The Eternal Nixon pulling off his Roger Stone mask and saying, “and I would have done it too if it hadn’t been for you meddling kids.” I can even hear the voice.

15 Likes

Not sure how to link to the tiny proro-story snippets on CNN’s “live-news” section. Don’t know if this will work for long:

Stone’s attorney: "They found no Russian collusion or they would have charged him with it"

They say absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Which I understand is actually wrong; absence of evidence is weak evidence of absence.

But this is not a great argument for a lawyer to be making, is it? “I’d like to point out some of the crimes my client has not yet been charged with!”

Shouldn’t Stone’s attorney be most concerned with actual court proceedings, rather than image, face, and other flim-flam?

It’s striking to me, if you actually read the article Stone wrote for Breitbart a couple years ago, that he views people’s efforts to control their image in a moral sense. His criticism of Hillary Clinton did not center on her policy positions or even on her image but at an even further remove: on her efforts to bolster her image. He accepted “Guccifer 2.0” as legit (in some sense) because there was a token effort made to make “Guccifer” look legit.

Stone has been living in the metaverse for a generation or more.

6 Likes