Trump demands expensive military parade

Yeah, a car commercial, but I grew up believing in our collective space fantasies, and even though it’s now clear that space is very hard and so are the economics, the SpaceX launch brings back the feeling of optimism for a better human future. I can overlook the car commercial for some more of that.

12 Likes

Another good question: Why is France celebrating their military? They don’t have the best track record…

7 Likes

Mr. Trump, you every scandal.

Uh, that’s collusion, that’s nepotism and this cute little scandal is money laundering…

and Here’s what happens when they all try to get through the door at once.

We call it Three Stooges syndrome.

13 Likes

So did I; from the Jetsons to Star Trek.

Sadly, we’re nowhere near ‘first contact’ or achieving the prime directive.

7 Likes

the closest things i can think of would be the grand reviews after the civil war and after world war ii.

that his ego demands an event for his benefit which have only previously been done in celebration of and tribute for hard-fought victories at the end of profound catastrophes is truly spectacular.

16 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t care enough to research this, but supposedly, pre-20th century it was extremely good.

12 Likes

Our local ones always have Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, foreign legion, the Shriners, American legion, elks, high school bands, etc etc etc

This is next level shit.

6 Likes

We all knew the grand American experiment could and probably would stumble someday. But who knew it would be so fucking cliche?

42 Likes

That they’re probably going to give him a semblance of one which they can’t even afford and while still in the throws of yet another potential government shutdown is more stunning.

16 Likes

This is truer than you know. By simply overwhelming the media with gaffe after gaffe and scandal after scandal, Trump ensures that no single scandal will ever last longer than a news cycle and thus won’t resonate with voters.

16 Likes

i agree with the overall thought here but i feel some other word is needed to go here.

staggering?

astonishing?

breathtaking?

5 Likes

Something told me that he’d want one of these. I was right, hooray(?) :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Once he saw his fellow overgrown 10-year-old boy get one annually it was only a matter of time:

33 Likes

I will agree with his request solely on the condition that I can choose which French procession he gets.

Specifically I’m thinking the tumbrels used in the French Revolution to cart people to the guillotine…

16 Likes

Yes, exactly like that one. Do wait, we need to change the flags. Now wait, never mind, they are fine how they are.

Say… could we just re-roll film from the Kremlin and CGI the flags out and call it good? Would he know the difference?

4 Likes

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering [Stable] Genius?

3 Likes

Mind blowing.

Stupefying.

Bewildering.

Alarming.

22 Likes

As long as it shows on Fox News my guess is “No.”

15 Likes

If the shutdown happens in the middle of the parade then there won’t be anyone to stop you from driving away one of those Abrams tanks.

12 Likes